Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Beheit
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Beheit Posted: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:02 PM

Hi All,

I got newly a beosound 5 Beomaster 5 and would like to connect his unit to the Bose 901 Speakers, as you may know there is a sort of equalizer for the bose, so it needs an output cable to connect to the input of the  equalizer and from the equalizer it should go back to the beoaster. any help would be much appreciated.

I have also a beomaster 5500.

Thank you for your suggestions.

John

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No idea!

But I suggest that you contact Steve @ SoundsHeavenly....there is a link below on this website.

He might have some ideas/a solution for you.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Beheit
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Beheit replied on Tue, Nov 24 2020 7:03 PM

Thank you very much I am sure he might help, since my solution is based on a special cable.

John

Jens Rendboell
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 24
Bronze Member

Late answer, but maybe you did not find a solution and people want to know how to do it.

Ideally, you should have a Beomaster 6500 or 7000, instead of a 5500, because the 6500 and 7000 has pre out and pre in.

The pre out/in are connected to the Bose 901 equalizer, but you need a special phono to din cable to do this.

Actually, you can use a (cassette) tape cable with 4 x phono female connectors and a 5 pin din male connector like this:

https://www.avxperten.dk/din-til-phono-adapter/din-audiokabel-0-2m-1x-din-4x-phono-nedis.asp

You could also make your own cable, if you are handy with a solder iron.

When I had a pair of Bose 901 with a Denon amp, I used the tape in/out (play/record) to connect to the Bose 901 equalizer, and put the amp to record to get playback throught the tape circuit (like when you are recording with a cassette tape recorder on pause to "listen back" on what you are recording).

I don't know if this is possible with the Beomaster 5500: Can you put the 5500 to record and listen back to the music being recorded?

Jens Rendboell
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 24
Bronze Member

double post

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS