Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Living with a Beomaster in 2020 Onwards

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Voltorr
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Voltorr Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2020 8:28 PM

Hi BeoUsers,

For the past 2 weeks I have been researching questions and answers from users since 2017, but none seem to be able to completely help. Perhaps a bit of background, my wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a house. The previous owner moved overseas about a year ago and he loved his sound, he installed a Beomaster 5 and speakers around the house. 

Unfortunately for him, he neatly wired everything into the walls and when the movers came they didn't remove them because it would involve cutting the wires and leaving holes everywhere. So now I'm the proud owner of a B&O system that I never dreamed of having, but there is a catch. As you are all aware neither Spotify nor Youtube Music is available which is going to be a problem.

In a perfect world I would want to watch TV through the speakers and play streaming music, I have no need to listen to different sound in different rooms. It seems the only way to get the TV to work is with a Beolink converter 1611, this would be complicated to wire, the TV and Beomaster unit are on opposite sides of the room. Is there an alternative wireless option, there is an ethernet connection at both ends? 

If the answer is no and I have to to get separate speakers for the TV at a minimum can I stream music? A friend has given me a Behringer UCA 202 but I quickly realised I would need a Chromecast, but Chromecast Audio no longer exists and Chromecast 3 /Google TV doesnt have an audio jack. I was thinking if I could just plug a bluetooth receiver into the BM5 USB port but then if you go outside the sound will cut off, so that rules out bluetooth. What about a raspberry pi with a chromecast power/masterlink matchup?

Now I'm looking at pricier options, can a Beolink Gateway help me, what about the Beosound Core that looks promising? And if I'm doomed to replace the whole BM & BS 5 system what would the B&O recommended system be, given that all my speakers seem to be connecting with either a masterlink or powerlink connector type?

Eternally grateful for any advice, I just can't believe listening to the TV or music can be this complicated.

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Hi,

how about buying a chromecast audio on ebay? I have an android tv and a chromecast tv on an other one and grouped them to the chromecast audio plugged in the network via a 1611 so I can play spotify on my tvs and the chromecast audio at the same time and therefore through my masterlink network in case you have delay it’s a parameter you can tweek on google home. Only works with spotify not youtube though or netflix.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS