Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 5500 will not power up

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Treadstone
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Treadstone Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2020 4:04 PM

Hi, I'm new here and wondered if someone could give me some advise please?

I have a Beomaster 5500, and Beogram 5500 running through Beovox RL 45.2 speakers.  All works great and I'm hoping to collect the rest of the system.

I've just received a Beocord 5500 which I purchased on eBay which was advertised as able to power on but untested with and hi-fi system.  When I unpacked it and plugged it in it does not power on at all and appears to be dead.  I got it at a very cheap price so rather than have the hassle of returning it, I would like to try and get it working.  So far I have checked the wiring in the plug and changed the fuse in the plug. I have taken the cover off and located a fuse inside where the power cable is terminated.  I have removed this fuse to check it but it doesn't appear to be blown but I will order a new one in case.  I'm no electronics expert and don't even own a multi-meter.  Is there anything else I could have a look at that may be causing the issue or do I need a bit of electronics expertise to get any further?  Are there any common faults on these with regards to power on issues?

I hope someone is able to offer some guidance and things to try as I would love to get this working.

Best regards,

Lee.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS