Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O TX2 - Tonearm problems after shipping

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

kpc118
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
kpc118 Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2020 4:35 PM

Hello Beoworld!

I have a TX2 that was working perfectly, now it is having tracking problems and playback issues.  I locked the screws down prior too shipping and put some support around the arm prior to shipping.  I even removed the platter.  I think that i have some internal balance issues and was looking for some guidance on how to adjust.  I have a guitar/amplifier repair background, and i am comfortable servicing my other gear ... but i can't find enough information on how to adjust the table for my specific issue.

When i press play the cartridge lowers and then starts to skate to the center.  if i adjust the platter to be higher in the middle, i can get some playback, but the sound is not great, as if the tracking force is off, though the force setting is OK.  I put the deck in service mode, and made some minor adjustments to the arm, as the manual guides (parallel/height/etc) and the arm appears to function/setup properly, but i can't fix the issue.  The needle does not look bent on the MC4 cart. 

It was fully functioning when shipped.

Any thoughts on a service process to bring this into specifications and discover or repair the issue? 

Thank you in advance for any support.

Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS