Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosystem 2500 FM Tuner

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

beotkn
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
beotkn Posted: Mon, Dec 14 2020 4:13 PM

I have a Beosystem 2500 from 1992. Works flawless, except the FM Tuner has trouble to reliably tune radio stations and sound is very often distorted. There is a lot of "hiss". Is this something related to aging components and can be fixed? I have the service manual, so any idea would be helpful. I use the rabbit ear antenna and FM signal is strong in my area.

Regards
Bernd

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 5:35 PM

I've got a spare tuner board if you want to give it a try.  You can have it for free if you just cover the postage from UK.  PM me if interested.

I fitted an RDS kit to my 2300 and that left me with a spare FM tuner board.  See photos etc here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/189/309274.aspx#309274

beotkn
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
beotkn replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 8:30 AM

Thank you for the kind offer. Let's wait a little if anybody on this forum comes up with an idea how to fix it.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:50 AM

No problem.  Without test equipment there's probably a limit to what you can do, but in the first instance it could be worth opening it up and doing a visual check of all the connections, particularly those from the antenna. 

My photos may help with opening. I followed the instructions in the service manual, but it didn't mention the extra two screws underneath the unit that hold the PSU in place - you need to remove these before you can put it in the service position.

EDIT: Did you see this thread? https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/5086/45821.aspx#45821

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS