Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9500 shutting down

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:00 PM

Hi, i have replaced the lithium battery in my BC9600 because the machine was not saving my settings anymore. After replacing the battery i left the unit on to settle and then wanted to type in the code using a BL1000.

Left the unit unplugged for 15 minutes, plugged in the unit, pressed radio, pressed 1271+Play, waited 3 sec. unplugged the device, waited another 3 sec., plugged back in. Sadly it still says code on my unit

Is there something else i could do ? Everything was working fine before and i already checked the forum and the service manual for further clues on this matter. Every help is very much appreciated

Is this also possible with a BEO4 remote ?

Somehow after trying it out 30 times it worked. The unit starts up however it shuts down after a while. So this is my next issue i guess

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi Andreas

Had to change the battery in my BC 9500,

1. press RADIO on the Beolink

2. plug in mains ,

3. within 30 sec. type 1271 and GO (PLAY)

4. enjoy

That´s how it worked for me...

Let us know if it helped.

Good luck

Best regards

Christian

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:43 PM

Hi Christian, thanks for your help.

No, still not reacting. I tried with both the Beo4 and BL1000. This is very frustrating and i'm very worried 😅

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 9:46 PM

Somehow after trying it out 30 times it worked. The unit starts up however it shuts down after a while. So this is my next issue.

After further testing i found another strange thing. When switching through sound settings, after Bass settings all the lights start flashing up for about 3 seconds, goes back to volume and then the unit shuts down. Tried playing a burnt cd and the cd wont play and the unit shuts down. Tried a bought cd and skipped to another track and it would play normally. Tried the radio and after a few seconds the unit would also shut down. Please help, what is going on ? 

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 10:01 PM

I tried resetting the RAM by putting the pin in service mode, pressing 7 and the stand by button. there was no 1 showing up on the display like how the user manual would describe. Still no changes whatsoever 

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 10:01 PM

I tried resetting the ram in service mode, then pressing 7 and after about 2 seconds the standby button. There is no figure 1 showing up on the display like how the user manual would describe. The lights just go out for a second and nothing changes.

I tried the same with the beo4 remote, then it shows 809 AM and the volume lights up when pressing 7. After that pressing standby the unit goes into standby. I turned the unit off and removed the test mode pin and turned it back on, still no changes in settings. When i go through sound settings still bass is on minimum, , flickering lights, treble minimum,...just random settings. 

I'm starting to the the CPU is broken. Does anyone maybe have a replacement board ? 

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

Regarding the servicemanual page 7-6:

" The Beocenter 8000/ 9500 can be put into different test modes by removing the bottom display glas and short-circuiting the "TESTMODE" Plug on PCB 43 for a few seconds"

Testmode is activated by shorting the two "Test" pin's just for a second, than all LED's in the bottom should go on, after that press "7" on the Beocenter, wait a couple of seconds and when "1" comes up press "stby".

Maybe you have to repeat two or thee times.

I don't remember if the Beocenter should be in Stanby or switched on for the testmode, try both.

Best regards

Christian

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 7:42 AM

Oh my god, it worked ! Thank you so much. I had the pin in all the time...

Everything is back to normal :) 

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Yep, sometimes the small things make the difference. It happens often, even to myself, that one is reading quickly over the manual and running in the same wrong direction again and again...Headscratching and searching for ghostfaults for hours and hours.

🤔😫😉

So stay tuned and healthy

Best Regards Christian

Andreas
Not Ranked
Vienna
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Andreas replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:37 AM

hehe, yes i was kind of in a rush. 

Vielen Dank nochmal !

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS