Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Radio Stations on Beomaster 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

bdepret
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bdepret Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2021 5:13 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to manually edit the radio stations (or their streaming URL)

I live in Belgium and a little under a year ago the Flemish Public Radio all changed their URL's.

It seems that B&O no longer maintains this, so I was wondering if there was a way to update this by editing a config file. Googling didn't turn up anything useful, so I hope someone on the forum might be able to help.

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hi bdepret,

in my experience that is correct. There are no more changes via the B&O source server. That is of course very disappointing. Particularly ververend: The B&O service is currently advising to delete the Radio DB and hope that it will be reloaded. However, this does not work and the BeoSound 5 no longer has a radio!

But there is a solution: The radio database is on

E:\cache\data

To get there, you have to activate the "service menu". This is certainly already described somewhere here. Then copy the "nradio.db" file to your  PC with current OS and edit this database with a database editor. It's a SQLite database. I used the freeware "dBeaver". The database must then be restored on BS5.

Hint: I have adjusted the stream url of FM4 (ORF). This only worked with the 128 mbit variant (the 196 variant did not work).

Yours Volker

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Tue, May 11 2021 4:41 PM
Hi

I have the BS5 with the BM5 and B&O is still updating the service.

I had a station where the URL was changed and they made the change on their side.

I just wrote to their support.
Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hm... In December 2020, the update stopped for me. After a lengthy correspondence with Beo Service, I gave up and bought a used BS5 on Ebay. From there I copied the databases and logo files back to my system ... I am based in Germany. Maybe the Europa server is down?

bdepret
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
bdepret replied on Thu, May 13 2021 4:05 PM

Hi Volker,

This worked perfectly. I was able to update the streams for my local stations. They only serve 128 kbit streams, and they all worked fine.

For future updates, I've added a share to the E:\cache\data folder

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,
Bart

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

bdepret:
I've added a share to the E:\cache\data folder

nice idea ... that was already possible on the old XP platform. Greetings Volker

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 102
Bronze Member

Hallo Volker

Da ist es was ich schon lange suche! Ich möchte URL von calmradio ( persönliches abo, werbefrei) hören. 

Mit PC bin ich nicht soo vertraut, aber einen Zugang zum service menue kann ich machen. Wie komme ich dann in die files der URL? und wie kopiere ich die entsprechenden URL in dieses file? Sehe ich dann die bereits aktivierten URL der programmierten Stationen?

Sorry für die Fragen, aber B&O software hat so ihre Tücken!

Freundliche Grüsse Ruedi Wild 

BeoVision11, BeoVision10, BeoSound 5, BeoSound 3500, BeoLab 9, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 8000, BeoSound 3200, Beosound Moment,NL/ML converter, delaybox, var.BeoPlay Speakers

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hi Ruedi,

zu Deinen Fragen:

1. Wie komme ich dann in die files der URL?
Es ist keine Datei sondern eine sqlLite Datenbank. Man benötigt einen Editor um solche Datenbanken zu bearbeiten. Ich empfehle die kostenlose Version von dBeaver.

2. wie kopiere ich die entsprechenden URL in dieses file?
Wenn man die Datenbank geöffent hat, kann man diese bearbeiten. In Deinem Fall z. B. eine neue Station hinzufügen.

3. Sehe ich dann die bereits aktivierten URL der programmierten Stationen?
Ja. und nicht nur die. Man Sieht auch das Land, Genre, Logofile etc.

Wenn Du mir deine Datenbank zusendest, kann ich es auch für Dich einpflegen. Aber die Hürde musst Du nehmen: Das Kopieren der Datenbank Datei (E:\cache\data\nradio.db) . Hier hat "bdepret" die beste Lösung herausgefunden.

Gruß Volker

Wild Ruedi
Top 500 Contributor
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 102
Bronze Member

Hello

I wonder if this application would work with personal URL like calm radio? I tried the workaround, but there is no possibility to enter personalised URL.

maybe I have not got the right way to achieve it. Thank you  for your hints!

Best regards Ruedi

BeoVision11, BeoVision10, BeoSound 5, BeoSound 3500, BeoLab 9, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 8000, BeoSound 3200, Beosound Moment,NL/ML converter, delaybox, var.BeoPlay Speakers

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hi Ruedi,

do you have to enter your credentials after calling up the stream URL or did you get a URL with an ID or something similar?

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member

Here is a picture of what the nradio.db looks like in DBEAVER :

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sat, Jul 3 2021 9:33 PM
Thanks a lot. I better download mine as well.

And holy …. You have a lot of bbc stations in the uk ;-)
gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Jul 3 2021 9:33 PM

Dear Volker ,Hallo Volker

could you take a look at may nmusic tag post here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/47199.aspx

I'm searching to edit the nmusic.db to have artists like Bob Dylan sorted under D as Dylan and not under B.

But I do not wnat to change the artist Tag of my files by simply changing Bob Dylan to Dylan, Bob.

BM5 creates a album_artist_normalized_name field and changes automatically names like THE BEATLES  to BEATLES in normalized field.

Beste Grüsse aus Luxemburg

Gerard

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

@Gerad: Hi, I will have al look next weekend

@Ruedi: Here is a nice "howto" entering  the "Service Menü": http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/Setting%20up%20products%20to%20MLGW/MLGW%20set-up%20in%20BM5.docx

Remeber: You have to connect Mouse and Keyboard first, direct at the Beomaster5 Blackbox (embeded Windows XP Computer).

Yours Volker

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS