Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6000 - replacement cover

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2021 2:03 AM

Greetings!

Last night I broke the aluminum control cover to my beautiful new, (new to me) Beomaster 6000. I accidentally pushed up on it and is cracked the right hand corner of the hinge. Don't get me wrong. The non-Beophile wouldn't notice but it no longer sits flush and it's driving me out of my mind. 

Would anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement? Or maybe suggestions on how to remove and fix? The rest of the unit is a 9.5. The sound is phenomena. I driving a pair of 3702's that I recapped and refoamed and they sound great too! I going to hook up my newly refurbished  beeves s120's on there this weekend - should be equally amazing.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Tue, Feb 9 2021 4:56 AM

Can you take and post some good photos of the damage you are referring to? 

-sonavor

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member

here you see silver that shouldn't be there. the "stuff" around it is my poor glue job that didn't work. 

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 2:45 AM

The photo below shows the hinge seam. no "Silver Gap".  the silver is the spring bon the back showing though the separation. If I can fix it that would great but naturally Im concerned that I'll do more harm than good. I already got glue all over it....  

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 5:19 AM

I'm not 100% sure of what you are referring to. Your photo doesn't provide much context to tell what it is a photo of.

My guess is that you have a Beomaster 6000 Type 2253 (US model BM6000 receiver from around 1981) and not a Beomaster 6000 Type 2702 (from the 70's).

Is your photo of the Beomaster 6000 Control Panel Lid hinge assembly with the aluminum plate removed?  Slid off of the black plastic mount?

I think this is the Beomaster Control Panel lid you are showing, right?

Are you saying that you broke off the black plastic mounting strip that slides into the aluminum lid channel?

I am finding it difficult to relate your photo to my Beomaster 6000 Type 2253 Control Panel lid assembly.

-sonavor

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 9:59 PM

You are exactly correct! I broke the right 1/3 of the strip. so I need to either fix the strip or find a new assembly. I can see from the pics that I need to remove the cover assembly, as you have done here. 

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 10:20 PM

Yes, removing it will make it much easier to repair.

If you cannot repair the strip of plastic that slides into the aluminum lid where it is like it originally was then I would probably try to just glue the aluminum lid to that black plastic frame. It really isn't something you will ever need to remove for maintenance on the Beomaster.

-sonavor

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Thu, Feb 11 2021 4:09 PM

Yep I figured. Thanks for your advice!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS