Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Opening Beomaster 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Beheit
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Beheit Posted: Wed, Feb 10 2021 8:23 PM

Hi,

I just need to change the hard drive to a new one, but I am not able to open the beomaster 5 enclosure.

I followed the instruction in the service manual, removed all the necessary screws but can't move the cover.

is there any hidden latches or screws?

Thank you all.

Kiwi
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Kiwi replied on Thu, Feb 11 2021 1:26 PM

Hi,

It's not so difficult. Just remove the 8 screws on the bottom. Put the Beomaster 5 on its side (with the B&O logo facing the table) and pull up (slide) the black cover upwards.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Beheit
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Beheit replied on Sat, Feb 13 2021 1:03 PM

Thank you very much, this is what I did followed the instruction on the service menue pdf, but I wasn't able to slide it. it's solid didn't move a bit, is there any lock somewhere?.

Thank you again

Fisp
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 75
Bronze Member
Fisp replied on Mon, Feb 15 2021 9:41 AM

You solved this? I have just done the same. Remove the eight screws on the bottom and gently but firmly remove interior from frame.

Kiwi
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Kiwi replied on Mon, Feb 15 2021 11:10 PM

Hi,

There are no other locks / screws, apart from the 8 screws on the bottom.

What you can try (if nothing else works) is shake the Beomaster 5 very gently but firmly up/downwards with the B&O logo facing down.
Only hold the cover but be very careful because the main unit will fall off from the cover. So before doing this, you have to put something soft underneath to absorb the falling of the main unit.

Also, don't shake too hard. There's a hard disk drive inside the Beomaster 5 that can be damaged by the shaking.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS