Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

AppleTV 4K losing center channel signal with B&O avant 55”, switch source to “fix”

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

x509v3
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
x509v3 Posted: Sun, Feb 21 2021 6:24 AM

I’m hoping someone else is either NOT having this problem with the same components or is having the issue and has identified a fix. 

here’s the symptoms and setup:

- Apple TV 4k, connected via HDMI to a

- B&O avant 55”

problem I have:

I watch an Apple TV program (eg netflix or Disney+), everything sounds and looks great. After the program, I watch another show and sometimes the center dialog is not playing. If I use the B&O remote to switch to a new source and then immediately switch back to the appleTV source, (and leave the Apple TV program playing), the program sound works perfectly - eg the center channel dialog is working again. 

this happens on the appleTV 4K and happens with netflix or Apple TV or Amazon prime.  It’s as if the Apple TV somehow sends the wrong type of encoding to the B&O when the program switches. And it doesn’t happen every time, which makes it hard to diagnose. It used to happen more often when netflix would show animated “previews” after a program ended.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is anyone successfully using an appleTV 4k  with a b@o avant 55”?

bmmnn
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
bmmnn replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 3:29 PM

I have exactly the same issue with the same setup so I am very keen to know if you, by now, have successfully diagnosed the source of this bug and solved it? 🤞🏼

All the best

Bjorn, Norway 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 4:17 PM

Yes, same has been happening to me for at least 6 months for me.

And thats with a BV12-65 (not Avant), same BS4 software as the Avant I guess.

Sometimes the centre channel is missing, sometimes all the audio is missing (I think).

Change source to my Sky TV box, and when I change back the BV12-65 picks up all the right audio again from the Apple TV.

Mine is an Apple TV 4 (not the Apple TV 4K), for reference.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I have had that once a while ago (Avant 1st gen + ATV4K).

I rebootet/restartet the AppleTV and all was well again.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 6:12 PM

Pretty sure I've rebooted a few times over the last 6 months and iit hasn't removed the issue.

Will try again and report back more definitely.

x509v3
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
x509v3 replied on Wed, Feb 9 2022 8:24 PM

I feel better there is at least ONE other person with this issue. But I haven't solved this issue yet.   :(

Right now when it happens, I switch sources to make it re-sync. Using "profiles" helps the process go faster, but it's still a pain.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS