Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

USA (NA) prices raised -- again

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo Posted: Fri, Apr 2 2021 5:48 AM

bang-olufsen.com shows B&O has raised prices in North America on their older speaker models -- again.

BeoSound 1 (natural, e.g.) now USD 2000, from $1750 (originally $1500)

BeoSound 2 (natural) USD 2600, from $2250 (originally $1900)

BeoSound Stage (natural) USD 1900, from $1750

BeoPlay A9 (4 gen, white) USD 3200, from $3000 (originally $2700)

Recent product introductions, i.e. Level & Balance, were not hiked, nor were M3, M5, and the oh-so-popular Edge ;-).  The more expensive BeoLab speakers were also not re-priced, but already saw a big increase (20% & 30%), in 2019. The "speaker set" prices were not raised, which merely narrows the recent multi-speaker discount.  The 100-days return is now gone.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Apr 2 2021 7:27 AM

trackbeo:

bang-olufsen.com shows B&O has raised prices in North America on their older speaker models -- again.

Whilst it's never good to see electronic price increases (we're so used to everything reducing in price - for example, those LG GX panels are almost half the cost of what I paid in May 2020!), B&O is one of the few manufacturers who raises their prices.

The UK is no different. I remember every year my dealer warning me at the end of the year that a price increase was coming across the range in January/Q1. Happened every year. It's the norm for Scandinavian countries. Every Q1 you see a price increase - it's the same for furniture manufacturers, too. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

And raised here in Australia too.  I think the A9 is astronomical after all the ROI of the product would be realised.  It's odd.  

They're pricing themselves out of business.  

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 2 2021 9:06 AM

Yep, was similarly warned back in September last year,. which is why I went ahead with my 50s then.

7-8% (I think) on 50s was not something worth messing with.

The LG OLED price deflation is a bit technology specific, and I guess holds limited / no relevance for brands like B&O.

moxxey:

trackbeo:

Whilst it's never good to see electronic price increases (we're so used to everything reducing in price - for example, those LG GX panels are almost half the cost of what I paid in May 2020!), B&O is one of the few manufacturers who raises their prices.

The UK is no different. I remember every year my dealer warning me at the end of the year that a price increase was coming across the range in January/Q1. Happened every year. It's the norm for Scandinavian countries. Every Q1 you see a price increase - it's the same for furniture manufacturers, too. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS