Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can't Drag & Drop from my PC to BeoMaster 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
faithman1_21124 Posted: Thu, Apr 8 2021 2:02 PM

I turned on the SMB 1.0 and re-boot my PC. I was able to successfully connect (map) my PC to my BeoMaster5. I now can see the MUSIC folders on the BeoMaster5 from my PC. GREAT!

However, I'm still unable to drag and drop from my PC to the BeoMaster5 and I still can't delete any files on the BeoMaster5.  Is there some type of "permission" that's blocking me from deleting files from my BeoMaster5?  I want to erase (delete) the previous owners music from my BeoMaster5. I must be missing something....  Has anyone experienced this issue?  Can anyone help me?

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

I believe the issue is resolved....  Not sure.

I'm still unable to drag and drop from my PC to the BeoMaster5 and I still can't delete any files on the BeoMaster5.  However, in following the "mapping the network drive" instructions, it is required to enter the "folder".  In this FOLDER BOX, I'm instructed to enter:  \\<IP address of BeoMaster 5 >\bm-share$

After the successful completion of mapping the network drive, I noticed the "bm-share$".  I clicked on it and inside the bm-share$ folder there was the MUSIC folder.  I clicked on the MUSIC folder and found all the music of the previous owner of my BeoMaster 5, HALLELUJAH!

I did a test... Using my PC, I ripped one of my CD's and drag-and-dropped it successfully in the bm-share$ folder (if that's what it is called).  I also deleted one of the files of the previous owner of my BeoMaster 5 successfully from the bm-share$ folder.  I then looked on the screen of my BeoSound 5 and found my newly ripped CD with its metadata!  The music album I deleted was no longer listed on my BeoSound 5. Success? I am cautiously Jubilant.... 

I hope this post helps someone in the future....

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Wed, May 26 2021 4:59 PM

I'm also ripping my CDs on my PC and then draging and droping them to the BM-Share$ which is mounted on my PC.

May I ask you some questions regarding your BM5?

1. does it have the ripping device (CD-Player) ?

2. Might it be possible that the files off the previous owner were entered to the BM5 by ripping them with the ripping device?

3. would it be possible to share a audio file with me, which was ripped and tagged by the BM5 before the shutdown of the CD-info service?

My problem is that I want files from "The Beatles" to be sorted under "B" as "Beatles" and not under "T" like "The Beatles"

Looking at the tags from files ripped by BM5 it might be posible to see which Tags are needed.
Thank's for your help.

My post regrding the tagging problem:
HERE

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

May I ask you some questions regarding your BM5?  Absolutely yes.

1. Does it have the ripping device (CD-Player)?

Yes. My BM5 has the attached ripping device (CD-Player).

2. Might it be possible that the files of the previous owner were entered to the BM5 by ripping them with the ripping device?

I believe that it is highly likely that the files of the previous owner of my BM5 were entered to the BM5 by ripping them with the ripping device. I also believe the previous owner sold the BM5 because of the shutdown of the CD-info service. Not sure if that's true, but during the time of my purchase of the BM5, there were a lot of BM5/BS5's being unloaded (up for sale) on eBay.

3. Would it be possible to share a audio file with me, which was ripped and tapped by the BM5 before the shutdown of the CD-info service?

No, sorry... I have successfully deleted all of the previous owners files from my BM5.  Wish I could help, but they're all deleted. However, I would suggest this... in the software that you are using to edit the metadate, where ever a tag that you see "The Beatles" just change that tag to "Beatles". I know this seems like an over simplified solution and you've probably thought of this.  Before I go changing metadata, I would do my research.  I am a novice in all this, so don't take my word for it.  I would ask around.  Best wishes...    

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS