Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting LG TV to Beomster via 1611 converter

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

hirespics
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
hirespics Posted: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:37 PM

Hello,

Can anyone help with how to get this to work. I have a Beomaster 5 / Beosound 5 system and have just now obtained a  Beolink converter 1611 with the relevant cables.

I have it connected up, and following Steve (Sounds Heavenly) advice have obtained a Mk3 Beo4 remote.

However, pressing TV on the remote does not do anything. All other relevant buttons work ok and select sources such as Radio and A.Mem, control volume and tracks etc..

Is there something else I must do to get TV command to work?

Thanks all......

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Hi,

I have a similar setup and it works fine, so should also work for you.

Did you plug in the 1611 to the masterlink cable before you plugged it to the power outlet? 

My beomaster 5 is in option 2 but I have beolabs plugged into the beomaster 5.

I think in option 1 it should also work but beomaster won't turn on.

Press TV button on the beo4, beosmaster 5 should go in "TV" mode on the screen if you have one and if you are in option 2.

FYI I use the new google TV dongle ex chromecast TV, and with the same remote I can control the TV and the my masterlink system. but I need to switch from TV to B&O in the parameters each time though as I wasn't able to configure with a special app the buttons accordingly

Cheers,

hirespics
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
hirespics replied on Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:04 PM

Hi lechatsurletoit,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I connected power to 1611 last.

Not sure what option mode beomaster is in?

Pessing TV on remote does not show reaction on Beosound screen or change any existing settings, just as if not responded to the command.

Not sure what to do next?

Cheers.

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Hi,

if speakers are plugged in the beomaster 5 put it in audiomaster option 2.

If you have a speaker in an other room with IR eye or a beosound 2000 or 3500 then press on tv button on your beo4 in that room or towards that speaker.

we need to know more on your setup. I have speakers in 9 different rooms and on my beosound 5, tv sound will play in every room.

otherwise you should probably check the connection of your second masterlink plug assuming you have one ie. the beomaster 5 and the 1611 are connected somehow

hirespics
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
hirespics replied on Thu, Apr 22 2021 6:13 PM

Hi there,

Well you set me on a path, beomaster was in option 1 which is why not accepting TV on remote.

Now in option AM 2, and pressing TV shows TV on beosound 5 screen - but - still no sound.

Masterlink cable is new, as is the audio link din cable, the beolink convertor is used item bought on ebay though (ugh).

Speakers are beolab 3s. All other audio is good.

Cheers

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Ok sorry I don’t know more.

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Also check of sound is coming out loud enough out of the tv, try plugging the 1611 to a phone for example

hirespics
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
hirespics replied on Fri, Apr 30 2021 5:18 PM

Hello,

I am still having difficulty getting this to work.....

System is beomaster/ beosound 5 with beolab 3s and all works OK with radio and A Mem sources.

pressing TV on remote shows TV on screen and the speakers power up but no sound produced from TV via the 1611.

TV output via the headphone socket works direct to the Beolab 3s with the relevant split cable (sounds heavenly).

Touching the inputs to the 1611 at the din socket I would have expected the usual 50Hz buzz, but thre is nothing except a very quiet click from the relevant left/right speaker.

I have now tried a second 1611 conveter and the result is the same.

Do you think there is something wrong within the Beomaster then??

Thanks all

Terry.

cooldude
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
cooldude replied on Fri, Apr 30 2021 7:02 PM

You need a video master for the tv command.
Forget the 1611, get the BS5 audio aux input box (you will find it on Sounds heavenly website)   so the tv sound will just go as an aux. input on the BS5 which it will have no problem with do that point.

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

No you don’t I can confirm, I have a beomaster 5 and a 1611 plugged on the same masterlink network. A TV output goes to the 1611. Beomaster is in option 2. I have beloabs 8000 on the beomaster, and beolabs in 8 other rooms. I press TV on my beo4, beomaster goes in TV mode, I don’t know what the 1611 dose but I get TV sound on my beolabs 8000 and in every other linked rooms. Sound is loud and clear. I listen to spotify on my tv via google home.

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

I also confirm that the 1611 acts as an audio or video master. If I disconnect my beomaster, system still works

lechatsurletoit
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

If you use an audio aux inout box on the beomaster 5 then you will have a delay. It’s in the documentation. Picture and sound will be out of sync, so this isn’t a solution

hirespics
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi there,

Thanks for all suggestions and comments.

I still have not solved this issue. Is it possible to inject audio direct into the masterlink socket on the beomaster 5, and if so can anyone tell me the relevant pin connections. This would then confirm the beomaste 5 was OK, although as I said it works OK for all other sound selections.

Thanks and regards

Terry

Contratempo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hi,

I run my sony TV with the "almando Powerlink-Switch". This little black box works silent und proper and bypass the beosound 5 !

Yours Volker

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS