Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoremote One BT, Latest Model - Controlling lights

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

jbrown77
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
jbrown77 Posted: Fri, May 14 2021 9:52 AM

Hi all, hope you can offer a little guidance to a novice.

i have A new Eclipse Gen2 with Beoremote One BT, latest model without the Netflix buttons. It has replaced an Avant 55 with the first Beoremote One.

i had two Bosscom lamp switches that I controlled via the light option on my original system.

Understanding that the latest remote is both Bluetooth and IR, any suggestions to have a simple use of the remote to turn lights on and off? I do not use scenes or dimming.

installer has configured a BEO4 option in the menu, but it results in at least 6 presses of buttons to navigate to activate light and then same to go back and control the source. All very complex for what is/was straight forward.

Question 1 - is there a simple way to control the IR lights in the new remote ?

Question 2 - can anybody suggest a Bluetooth lamp switch that works with Beoremote one bt?

thanks, appreciate any feedback.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi jbrown77

1: None that I know of! 

The ‘simplest’ way would be to have a seperate Beo4/Beolink1000 for this.....although not the nicest option.
If anyone has a better idea - without engaging some kind of home automation - I’d be very interested.

2: All bluetooth lamp controlling I know of require a smartphone or a seperate controller.

Again....if anyone has a bright (!) idea here, I am all ears.

Sorry for not being able to provide a solution - it is a problem I also have!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

CheapB
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
CheapB replied on Fri, May 14 2021 12:37 PM

Even if there was a BT controlled switch you would still have many clicks to use it. you would have to go to list and scroll and select the BT device (list, up, go, down, go as far as I remember) and then pick the appropriate light function   

jbrown77
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
jbrown77 replied on Sun, May 16 2021 10:10 AM

Thanks MM, 

Thinking about  it , B&O should be able to resolve in the remote SW. All it would need is for each function to have a selectable IR method. Choose IR or BT in the setup. So on all the sources such as Sky ATV etc you would configure BT and for lights IR.

seems like they have taken a backwards step from the very intuitive approach they have taken in the past

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I would not call that ‘a backwards step’.

They just realized that hardly anyone (with a BT-based B&O setup) would use these old devices.....except for you and me 😉

Today everything is home automation based and the remote is made for that.

Would be way too much efford to programme the BROne software to do that.

The logical next step of a BROne would be a BT-only version (and maybe also with wifi).

MM

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, May 16 2021 2:37 PM

A good solution for you would be to get B&O's BLGW or BLI home automation system. It's a bit of a cost, but the flexibility is great.  You could replace your bulbs with Philips Hue bulbs and have total control. If you wanted to keep your Boscom, you can use iTach Global Caché with the BLGW/BLI to send the LIGHT IR commands via IR emitters.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Can you not assign the "Light" button to one of the 4 custom buttons? 

It works for me...

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

PhilLondon:

Can you not assign the "Light" button to one of the 4 custom buttons? 

It works for me...

Please explain!

Would that work, if the remote is in bluetooth mode (controlling e.g. the Eclipse, that jbrown77 has)?

MM

Beouser66
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Beouser66 replied on Mon, May 17 2021 7:33 PM

I would say that this issue is because of burnout in there Brain at struer.. you have same issue with for ex Beosound and eclipse even with NL-ml converter 

you need a beo 4 for the Beosound If you not want go thru this long steps in Br1 bt remote i can only say they have a major hole in there head then making sw for Br1 bt  ,

of course they should have it possible to have bt on for ex TV functions and IR for AUDIO and for ex light 

Anywone can undestand it but not struer..

Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 465
Bronze Member
Silou replied on Wed, May 19 2021 9:23 AM

Millemissen:

Use a Lightmanager Pro some are made for BEO !  Unfortunatly not more available but sometimes as second hands!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Silou:

Millemissen:

Use a Lightmanager Pro some are made for BEO !  Unfortunatly not more available but sometimes as second hands!

The Lightmanager Pro was made for the B&O remotes that uses ir - there were theeads about it earlier on on the forum.

And exactly that is the problem of jbrown77.

He wants to use the BeoRemote One without having to change to ir, when he wants to control the light.

Means.....still no ‘bright idea’ 🤔

MM

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, May 19 2021 10:12 AM

Lintronic recently has a Bluetooth receiver that can convert Bluetooth signals from the Beoremote one and can convert it to infrared signals with the help of the TT-238:

https://lintronic.dk/appnote_beoremoteonebluetooth.pdf

Maybe that would be a good solution?!

jbrown77
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
jbrown77 replied on Sat, May 29 2021 8:39 PM

I think this is a really good option.

I will take a look at this and post back my findings.

in the meantime, I have installed Phillips Hue bulbs in the lamps. I already had a Hue system for my outside lights. I set up automation so the lamps turn off when the tv goes off.

its working well.

BeoLignage
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 207
Bronze Member
BeoLignage replied on Sat, May 29 2021 10:54 PM

Super annoying to be honest. As others already mentioned, the obvious should have been to allow one source to be connected via BT, and send IR commands for other sources.

Regarding the lintronic box, can the BROne be connected to that and a beovision at the same time, via BT?

If not, we are stuck with the same issue still, of having multiple button steps to switch on a light.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS