Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Configuration Tool CT6.84 Not Recognizing Beo6 in the Docking Station.

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
faithman1_21124 Posted: Sun, May 16 2021 12:53 PM

I have the Beo6 docking station (charger) connected to my PC via regular USB cable. However, in the CT6.84 Configuration Tool software, the six white arrows in the upper left corner are covered by a red X, indicating no connection.  My Beo6 remote control is fully charged.  By-the-way, I don't have a login user id and password. I checked the box "work offline".  Because the Configuration Tool (CT6.84) is not recognizing my Beo6 in the docking station (charger), I can't download any configuration to my Beo6 remote control unit.  The only thing I can think of is my  cable must not be correct.  Is there some type of special B&O USB cable required to connect the Beo6 docking station (charger) to my PC?  If so, where do I get it? The Beo6 docking station charger works with no problems. I have 3 mini USB-C ports on my laptop PC.  I tried to connect using a  different ports (thinking one port must be bad), but I got the same result, no connection. Help!

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Base on your description of your problem I am guessing you have not previously connected your Beo6 to this laptop previously?

What version of firmware is loaded in your Beo6?

What version of Windows operating system are you running and is it 64bit OS?

See the table below:-

Regards Keith....

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

Thank you for your reply...

You are correct.  This is the first time I've connected my Beo6 to my laptop PC.

The firmware on my Beo6 is software version 2.11a

The version of Windows operating system I"m running is Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

I can see by the above table that my Windows 10 64bit laptop is not compatible with my Beo6 firmware 2.11a

and that I need to upgrade my Beo6 firmware from 2.11a to 3.00a so my laptop will recognize my Beo6.  I read somewhere that when you create and download a configuration to the Beo6, the Beo6 firmware is automatically upgraded to 3.00a, which is what I need so my laptop will recognize my Beo6 . 

How do I download a configuration from my laptop PC Windows 10 64bit computer to my Beo6 firmware 2.11a so the automatic upgrade to 3.00a will take affect when my laptop doesn't even recognize my Beo6 when connected to my laptop?  Is there some type of trick that you can boot a 64bit computer in a 32bit mode or something like that?

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

I use ORACLE VirtualBox vurtual machine (VM). It is a free download. You install it and then install a 32 bit version of windows and it runs a full windows 32 bit setup in your 64bit machine. Most people instal windows XP SP3 32bit on the VM.

If you look at You Tube there are videos of how to do it and links to the various software you need.

I had several VMs running each with a diffrent version of the CT tool to help me "fix" a BEO5 and BEO6 that had frozen.

Stoobie

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

Stoobie,

Thanks for the scoop!!!  I'll give it a shot.

Colin
Not Ranked
Whitstable
Posts 25
Silver Member
Colin replied on Sat, Aug 14 2021 2:19 PM

Hi Keith

I bought a beo6 on ebay and it came with a configure CD, I run a Mac so downloaded the  parallels  app and loaded an old windows xp all went as it should but it will not load/run comes with an error, any advice would be greatly received,

kind regards

Colin

Colin
Not Ranked
Whitstable
Posts 25
Silver Member
Colin replied on Sat, Aug 14 2021 2:20 PM

Hi Keith

I bought a beo6 on ebay and it came with a configure CD, I run a Mac so downloaded the  parallels  app and loaded an old windows xp all went as it should but it will not load/run comes with an error, any advice would be greatly received,

kind regards

Colin

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

This link might help. It deals with how parallels deals with USB connections

https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/40611.aspx

Keith will be able to help with which version of the tool works  with parallels because there are also issues with USB Drivers and 32bit vs 64bit machines.

Stoobie

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Had a further thought on this, I use ORACLE VirtualBox on my Windows 10 PC running Windows XP and that works perfectly. It is a free download and says it runs on Apple Mac. It may be worth a try.

Link here

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS