Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 150/200 under BeoVox Penta

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

CrazyCatman
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 12
Bronze Member
CrazyCatman Posted: Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:31 PM

I've got myself a pair of BeoVox Penta speakers and, for now all have been good as I've had a BeoMaster , but wanting to simplify my setup I got rid of the BeoMaster and now have a small issue with the various BeoVox I have (P45, S60, S80 and Penta).

The Mistress at home have approved of my BeoSound Overture, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500 and BeoVox Penta- but seems that dark wooden boxes aren't her thing.

I could of course fit the Pentas on my Yamaha amplifier and then with a Phono/Powerlink connection of some sort and thereby hook it up to the BeoSound or my BeoVision 8-40 with a pair of BL6000, but I was thinking that if I could skip an extra big box by adding a pair of BeoLap 150 or BeoLab 200 amplifiers under the BVPs, that would simplify the solution. But is it possible? The Danish manual on BeoWorld mention nothing of it and the multilingual manual (seems to be English only however) does have a description of the BL150 - but also states Your BeoLab Pentas is the jewel in the Bang & Olufsen range. So... is it possible to "convert" then to displayless BeoLab Pentas?

I know that's getting my hands on a set of BL150/200 might cost two arms and two legs... But if I manage to get my hands on such and it is possible to pair them with my Pentas (preferably mounted under them!) for a good price it would be a lean setup.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
CrazyCatman:

I've got myself a pair of BeoVox Penta speakers and, for now all have been good as I've had a BeoMaster , but wanting to simplify my setup I got rid of the BeoMaster and now have a small issue with the various BeoVox I have (P45, S60, S80 and Penta).

The Mistress at home have approved of my BeoSound Overture, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500 and BeoVox Penta- but seems that dark wooden boxes aren't her thing.

I could of course fit the Pentas on my Yamaha amplifier and then with a Phono/Powerlink connection of some sort and thereby hook it up to the BeoSound or my BeoVision 8-40 with a pair of BL6000, but I was thinking that if I could skip an extra big box by adding a pair of BeoLap 150 or BeoLab 200 amplifiers under the BVPs, that would simplify the solution. But is it possible? The Danish manual on BeoWorld mention nothing of it and the multilingual manual (seems to be English only however) does have a description of the BL150 - but also states Your Beo Lab Pentas is the jewel in the Bang & Olufsen range. So... is it possible to "convert" then to displayless BeoLab Pentas?

I know that's getting my hands on a set of BL150/200 might cost two arms and two legs... But if I manage to get my hands on such and it is possible to pair them with my Pentas (preferably mounted under them!) for a good price it would be a lean setup.

Hi CrazyCatman,

You would need to buy the pair of BL150s or BL200s (BL200s have PowerLink inputs) AND the long bolts to screw the Pentas through the amps to the bases.

A more readily available alternative is to buy a BeoAmp 2 and hide it away. You would just need a 8-pin DIN to RJ45 Powerlink cable between your Ouverture and the BeoAmp. Normal speaker cables between BeoAmp and Beovox Pentas.

And even cheaper judging by recent prices is to buy a pair of Beolab Pentas.

Lawrence
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

I used my Beovox Petntas with my Beovision 5 connected via a Beolink Passive. Another box but not brown or wooden Big Smile

If I recall I had powerlink in (from the TV) and speakers out. But it could have been connected by Masterlink in and speakers out. It worked really well and  the amp was more than powerful enough for the speakers.

Stoobie

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Stoobietoo:

I used my Beovox Petntas with my Beovision 5 connected via a Beolink Passive. Another box but not brown or wooden

If I recall I had powerlink in (from the TV) and speakers out. But it could have been connected by Masterlink in and speakers out. It worked really well and the amp was more than powerful enough for the speakers.

Stoobie

Even cheaper, Stoobie!

BTW, still loving the Avantime…
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

lawrencejmcook:

BTW, still loving the Avantime…

The setup worked really well for years. I sold my BV5 to a friend a couple of years back and over the next month I am going to swap out the screen for a 4k QLED screen for him. If he can persuade his wife that she will love the Pentas, he will want those too, so I'll connecting it back up with the Beolink Passive hopefully.

We have had the Avantime since “new”. It was a Renault ex demo car and still love it. The car has only done 50 000 miles and the cam belt needs changing every 72 000 miles (or 5 years), so it is well over the time limit for a change.  Got a quote from Renault to change the cam belt. and they want £1900 as it is a “very rare car”! Now thinking of trying to do it myself but don’t really have the dry space or tools!

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS