Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink nl/ml converter installation

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

tomacks
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
tomacks Posted: Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:56 AM

Hello,

I have recently got an used beolink nl/ml converter and I am stuck with the setup.
I have BS9000 , BS Essence-Ii, Beolab-5s in the same room and currently those are connected through the Almando box but I would like to replace to the Beolink converter.

Could you please advice how can I install with the NL/ML converter? 

Thank you!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 11:46 AM

Hi and welcome!

There is a quite good installation guide, with various use cases called "Bang & Olufsen BeoLink NL/ML Installation manual" that `I trust you can find somewhere when you google it (I don't think it is on the BeoWorld manuals library). I believe the latest version is 1.4. In there you can probably find what you are looking for.

What is your plan: 9000 (Masterlink) -> BLC (Networklink) -> Essence (Powerlink) -> BL5?

Regards, Johan

tomacks
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
tomacks replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:20 PM

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your advice but it was not easy to understand for me.

My plan is exactly yes which you mentioned (9000 (Masterlink) -> BLC (Networklink) -> Essence (Powerlink) -> BL5)

but I cannot understand the network link connection between BLC to Essence and IPS router.  
Do I have to connect  as this? BLC (Lan Cable) -> ISP router (Lan cable) -> Essence 

and also the remote is not working when I connect the BS9000 to BLC with the masterlink. Do I have to change the remote control setting? 

Best regards, Kevin 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:35 PM

The remote sensor of the BS9000 is not active when no speakers are directly attached to it. However, you will control the BS9000 by way of the Essence when the BS9000 is set as a linked product with its sources ticked as available in the local sources of the Essence.

You will want to set the NL/ML Converter to the role of "V.Master."

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:38 PM

BTW, in the NL/ML Converter setup menu, you'll want to tick the BS9000 sources as available to be shown on NL. You can rename those sources if you want.

tomacks
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Hi beojeff,

I think I don’t have good sense to setting those kinds of product.

I’ve got the install manual from the manualslib.com there are so detail informations and I have tried several time but it was not work. 
 Could you please advice me what is wrong? bellows are my setting now.
Also can you let me know how can I set the BS9000 as a sound source of BLC.

Thank you in advance.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS