Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Apple TV crippled my Horizon

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

LarsJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
LarsJensen Posted: Sun, Sep 5 2021 6:58 PM
Just an informative post in case someone may experience the same.

Yesterday my Horizon stopped responding to remote control input.

Unplugged it and plugged it in again but same result.

It would come on just showing the Apple TV connected to it but otherwise unresponsive.

Once it even just kept rebooting.

Left it off for minutes, and hour and even over night. No difference.

Then I unplugged the Apple TV and the Horizon was back to normal.

Grateful I don’t need to replace the TV I will go and buy a new Apple TV Smile
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 9:00 AM

Maybe just rebooting the Apple TV will solve the issue?

LarsJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
mbee:

Maybe just rebooting the Apple TV will solve the issue?

diisign.com

It was rebooted along with the Horizon but didn’t try and independent reboot.

But given the effect it had on the Horizon I’m reluctant to re-attach it at all and prefer to go for a new one.
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
LarsJensen:

It was rebooted along with the Horizon but didn’t try and independent reboot.

But given the effect it had on the Horizon I’m reluctant to re-attach it at all and prefer to go for a new one.

I doubt it is your AppleTV which is failing. The Android TV OS on Horizon is not great to say the least. So before buying a new Apple TV I would suggest you try to connect it again. Can you connect it to another tv somewhere first?

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

LarsJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

I doubt it is your AppleTV which is failing. The Android TV OS on Horizon is not great to say the least. So before buying a new Apple TV I would suggest you try to connect it again. Can you connect it to another tv somewhere first? BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 - H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

I will give it a try on another tv and another Apple TV on the Horizon a try as well and see how it works out
LarsJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

I doubt it is your AppleTV which is failing. The Android TV OS on Horizon is not great to say the least. So before buying a new Apple TV I would suggest you try to connect it again. Can you connect it to another tv somewhere first? BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 - H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

I was admittedly unable to reproduce the error. Damn, I hate when an error is solved by mystery…
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
The mystery is called Android TV OS version s@#t which is on the Horizon. Expect strange errors and rest assured a complete power reboot will fix (almost) everything

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

LarsJensen
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

The mystery is called Android TV OS version s@#t which is on the Horizon. Expect strange errors and rest assured a complete power reboot will fix (almost) everything BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 - H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Big Smile
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS