Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 50 build quality/finish

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

BestSound
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
BestSound Posted: Tue, Sep 21 2021 1:02 PM

How do you guys experience the build quality/finish of your Beolab 50 speakers?

I have finally received a set which I of course have observed properly, regarding visible finish and I'm somewhat disappointed with what I see, considering the price tag for a set of Beolab speakers like these.

First, I find two small marks in the edge of the polished aluminum in the top, then the tweeter module on the top of both speakers is not properly centered, small gap on the one side and much bigger opposite side.

Some of the 10" drivers have several scratches in the rubber edge suspension, one of them even has something that looks like a melting mark but can also be glue from the manufacturing, difficult to tell.

There are also two scratches in the cabinet just above one of the 10" drivers, around 5 cm long and thin, turned white.

Maybe it is considered the way that everything behind the fabric and wood covers doesn’t matter, but it just tell a lot about the handling and production care when making these actually expensive speakers.

BeoVision Eclipse 65....Front: BeoLab 50....Rear: BeoLab 4000....BeoSound 9000 Mark lll....BeoRemote One BT....BeoSound Core....BeoLab 17....BeoRemote Halo....Apple TV 4K....NAS: Synologi DS218j....Disc Player: OPPO BDP-203....Projector: JVC HD-950....Screen: Stewart StudioTek 100....HDMI management: HDFury Integral

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Sep 21 2021 5:25 PM

I’d appreciate seeing photos of what you’re describing.

And, in terms of remedying your issues, it sounds like a phone call to your dealer may be the first logical step. What does he say?

Good luck!

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

wanc1
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
wanc1 replied on Wed, Sep 22 2021 7:40 AM

Yep, the tweeter module not being centered is the most annoying thing for me as well. Also the tweeter of one Beolab 50 is slightly higher than the other….  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS