Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Low Volume on Beogram RX 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

AdamJames
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
AdamJames Posted: Wed, Sep 22 2021 10:45 PM

Hi all:

I have recently picked up a Beogram RX 2 and Beocenter 4000. Everything appears to work OK, but the volume from the RX 2 is quite low. Any suggestions on what the issue here could be?

Thanks

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 3:35 AM

Which cartridge do you have in the RX-2? On the volume slider scale what is the difference between playing a cassette and record to be equal loudness? Are both channels the same loudness?

AdamJames
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
AdamJames replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 7:22 AM

Thanks for the response. 

Cartridge is MM5. I do not have any tapes at present to carry out that troubleshooting test I'm afraid; I will see if I can get hold of some.

When playing a CD or listening to the radio, the volume is normal and much louder. 

AdamJames
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
AdamJames replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 7:22 AM

Thanks for the response. 

Cartridge is MM5. I do not have any tapes at present to carry out that troubleshooting test I'm afraid; I will see if I can get hold of some.

When playing a CD or listening to the radio, the volume is normal and much louder. 

AdamJames
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
AdamJames replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 8:59 AM

Bit of an update:

I have been able to test the RX2 on my Technics Dx950 setup and all is sounding great. Unsure as to why the volume is so low through the Beocenter. 

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 5:58 PM

The problem is that the MMC5 only is rated at .6mV output where the Beocenter had its phono input sensitivity rated at 2mV. This was the output typical for the MMC20 series cartridges. I'm afraid you're likely going to have to live with the volume difference unless you purchase a phono preamp and use a line input.

AdamJames
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
AdamJames replied on Thu, Sep 23 2021 7:38 PM

That's a big help. I was starting to think something was wrong with the unit.

Thanks a lot for the insight. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS