Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Old Beovision, new behaviour

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee Posted: Tue, Sep 28 2021 4:11 PM

My BV8 40 has always been connected to an Atlona 4x2 switch to get multiple hdmi inputs connected to my BV and my projector, and having the 5.1 sound processed by the BV when using the projector.

I have now evolved to a 4K projector and got rid of some useless sources, so now I only have an Apple TV 4K as a source connected to a €30 4K 1x2 splitter from Amazon that let me get the full 4K image on the projector and a downscaled 1080p image+sound on the BV. The EDID is set to the EDID of the projector to get full 4K HDR image on my projector.

Now the strange thing : my beovision doesn't support HDMI CEC, but with my new splitter, when I launch a movie on my Apple TV, the BV automatically switches from its default speaker 3 mode to speaker 5! How is that possible? Is there a functionnality that automatically switches the BV on speaker 5 when detecting a multichannel sound input? And if that's the case why didn't it work with my expensive Atlona switch ?

B&O stuff is quite amazing when you discover new functionalities after 10 years of ownership!

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

My BeoVision 3 switched automatically from speaker 3 (or was it 2... can't remember) to speaker 5 when it detected surround sound :-) So completely normal behaviour.

Karel.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Sep 29 2021 1:56 PM

I agree, but I can’t understand why going through Altona switch didn’t do the same… And I can confirm that the signal was surround! 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS