Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Debugging fried Beogram 4002

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Jeffrey P Brooks
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 63
Silver Member
Jeffrey P Brooks Posted: Thu, Sep 30 2021 6:44 PM

I managed to brick my Beogram 4002 (probably by mis-aligning the stupid plugs when putting in the main board).

I want to go through the debugging process that is outlined in the service manual.  The first voltages I tested with my oscilloscope ground connected to the chassis were strange.  The DC voltage looked like an AC wave.  Made no sense.

Then I connected the ground to the black side of the main DC power capacitor (which seems to supply two DC voltages) and all of a sudden the voltages appeared normal.  So I have to questions.

1. Is there some reason the ground isn't there on the chassis?  Is there a missing connection from the main board to the chassis that should supply the ground?

and

2. I'm still looking for a picture of the PC board showing the location of the components from the backside which will very much simplify going through the debug process.  The manual in our archive for the 5513 model has no pictures of the boards themselves from the front and back sides (like i see in the receiver service manuals...)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS