Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSystem 3 - Setup and Reactivation

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 Posted: Thu, Oct 28 2021 12:46 PM

Hello dear Beoworlders,

I have found an old BeoSystem 3 in my parents basement. As they have a lot of B&O Stuff lying around I plan to reactivate their setup. 

The Plan is to use a LG 55" TV (4k but they sit 5 meters away so 1080p is good for them) as the primary Display on the BeoSystem 3 and use their two BeoLab 6000s in combination with my old 4000s as speakers.

The Sources for the Beosystem are an old PS3, a Sony Blu-ray (BDP-S550) and an Apple TV.

Are there PUCs availible for those sources and to control the LG TV?

What is the latest software for the BeoSystem?

Thanks for your help.

Attached are some system Information shots of the BeoSystem 3. Is there a Service Manual availible in the paid section of Beoworld?

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

Tim84
Top 500 Contributor
Munich
Posts 98
Bronze Member
Tim84 replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 8:42 PM

After a few software updates from my dealer and new PUCs I now reactivated my BS3 and now use it with an LG C9. The combination works perfect and I can control all of the functions through the BS3.

As I currently use a Beo 4 and want to use my Beoremote One I discovered something unexpected. When using the Beoremote One I see that the buttons are not assigned correctly. 
some examples when I open the menu with the Beoremote One  I have to use P+ and P- for up and down, play for ok, Pause for back and rewind/ forward for left and right. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to setup the remote in the BeoSystem?

Living room: BeoVision 7 MKV + BeoLab 7-2 + 2x BeoLab 8000 + BeoLab 2 + 2x BeoLab 4000
Office / guest room: BV 7-32 MKIV / BL7-1; BeoSound Core + Turntable
Kitchen: BeoPlay M3
Bathroom: Gira Radio + BeoLab Celestial
Entrance: BeoPlay M3

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 9:02 PM

Hi there - this is as expected. The direction arrows on a BeoRemote Ine correspond to the Navi ‘joystick’ on a newer BEO4 Navi. I believe the most recent BS3 software allows you to toggle Navi mode on/off - check the manual. Hope that sorts it!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS