Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 Repair in Chicago IL?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM Posted: Sat, Nov 6 2021 1:14 AM

Greeting! Would anyone know of an individual or shop that I could bring my Beogram 4002 to in the Chicago area? More than one would be even better. Biggest issue is the chirping and squeaking sound that comes from the area around the motor on the front left corner. Comes and goes... it needs other adjustments etc. but this renders it unplayable. Sounds great when the noise is gone.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. I shouldn't whine too much as my back ups are are a Beogram 3000 and a TX2. Could be worse. 

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Nov 7 2021 1:46 AM

I'm afraid I don't have a recommendation in your area but your symptom is that of a BG4002 platter motor who's bearings have run dry. Or close to it.
Those are not something you can fix by injecting oil from the outside. The bearings have to be reinfused with oil.

These two blog posts here and here reference that.

I recommend sending your platter motor off for restoration.  It is not difficult to remove the platter motor and re-install it if you are familiar with changing the platter belt then you can do it.

-sonavor

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Tue, Nov 9 2021 8:57 PM

thanks for the quick reply. would you have a recommendation on someone that could do that repair?

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Tue, Nov 9 2021 8:59 PM

sorry - I see you have answered that question. however, since I dont have to send the deck out just the much smaller motor - can you recommend anyone at all?

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Nov 10 2021 4:17 AM

RobM:

sorry - I see you have answered that question. however, since I dont have to send the deck out just the much smaller motor - can you recommend anyone at all?

Yes, Send the motor to Rudy at the Beolover Blog.  There is a contact form on the blog.  If you have problems then message me here on the Beoworld Forum and I can walk you through it.

-sonavor

RobM
Not Ranked
Cary IL
Posts 42
Bronze Member
RobM replied on Wed, Nov 10 2021 12:29 PM

Thanks sonavor!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS