Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need help with wireless connection to Beolab 8000 / Beosound 3200

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

bonoboworld
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
bonoboworld Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2021 3:39 PM

I have what I think is 2 Beolab 8000 speakers, alongside a Beosound 3200 (please see pictures attached to confirm).

I am looking to connect to them wirelessly and would love to have some advice because I don't think I understand anything. I have bought a Bluetooth adapter, please see here- 

https://www.amazon.es/Adaptador-Bluetooth-transmitir-inal%C3%A1mbrico-inteligentes/dp/B01CZVCYU0

I cannot get it to work, I am plugging in the AUX to the Beosound 3200 just below the tape section, and the RCA cable to the bluetooth adapter. When I play a song on my phone whilst connected via bluetooth, nothing plays from the speakers and they remain with their red light.

I have clicked on the AUX button on the speakers and still nothing works.

Also, I really care about sound quality so if at all possible I would love to know if this setup is good for sound quality. If not, how do I maximise sound quality? I have android and my girlfriend iOS, and we also have 2 alexas if they help at all. 

I'm so sorry that I don't understand anything. Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

H n lcome to the Beoworld forum.

No wonder you hear no sound!

You have plugged the bluetooth receiver in to the headphone out of the Beosound.

You need to look for the input called AUX on the back, just beside where you have plugged in the powerlink cables for the speakers.

For this you will need an adapter: minijack to 5 pin DIN.

As for sound quality - I do not know that particular bt receiver.

However, in general bluetooth streaming isn’t the best way to do it…..you will have to test out the result, once properly connected. Maybe it is ok for you.

Since you use iOS as well as Android, the better way would be to cast (chromecast). If you could get hold on one of the now discontinued Chromecast Audio dongles, it would be better soundwise (assuming your wifi in the house is stable).

By the way - the Beosound is not a 3200, but a 2500.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi bonoboworld,

Welcome to Beoworld!

As MM mentioned, please use the 7 pin Aux socket on the back of the Beosound to connect the Bluetooth receiver, not the headphone socket.  You need this cable:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/52-72-stereo-rca-twin-phono-to-beosound-aux-input-din-socket.html#/2-length-1m

Please set the phone volume to maximum when connecting to the B&O system – this is normal when using a portable music player with a home audio system due to the low output levels produced by the phone.

To listen to the music, simply press "A.Aux" on the B&O keypad, or select this on the B&O remote control by pressing the "LIST" button until the display shows "A.AUX", then pressing "GO".

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

bonoboworld
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Hi,

Thank you so much, I have got it to work now! Sorry for being so stupid haha.

Can I ask what you mean by bad sound quality? Does it mean that it sometimes cuts out or jumps, or more that the quality of the bass/treble etc. is affected? 

The quality sounds quite good now but you've got me thinking it can be even better if I move to WiFi from Bluetooth.

bonoboworld
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thank you so much Steve for your help, I've got it to work now. Could I ask you the same question about sound quality, what would be the best setup in your opinion? Would you avoid the Bluetooth receiver setup we are currently using?

bonoboworld
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Sorry for another question Steve, but would be really helpful if you don't mind answering. We have a problem where the automatic doors don't shut properly, they only half shut. They open fine (with the hand wave), but when it comes to closing they seem to get stuck. They've been in storage for a while so I reckon it's because they've accumulated lots of dust. Got any good tips for fixing this?

Thanks and all the best :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

bonoboworld:

Can I ask what you mean by bad sound quality? Does it mean that it sometimes cuts out or jumps, or more that the quality of the bass/treble etc. is affected? 

The quality sounds quite good now but you've got me thinking it can be even better if I move to WiFi from Bluetooth.

It is simply a matter of what bluetooth streaming is capable of - the transfer is compressed due to the nature of bt…..also called a lossy compression.

You can read a lot about this, if you do a search on the internet.

Of course over time - with better bt versions - it has become less noticeable and will also depend on the initial sound quality of the source/music used.

With Cheomecasting (or Airplaying) you can have a lossless transfer - which is important, if you have a good source, a lossless encoded stream (piece of music).

You will only find out by experiencing it at your own place.

However, if you find the result with the current bt device good…stick to it/enjoy.

You can always try out something else along the way…..don’t panic.

P.S. There are also other advantages of e.g. casting - you will be less dependent on the mobile device/the mobile device being near the receiver….

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

I agree with MM!

Sorry I don't know about faults or repairs on the Beosound, I just make cables!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS