Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 3000

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Aegidius
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Aegidius Posted: Tue, Nov 23 2021 3:53 PM

I bought a Beomaster 3000-2 the other day. It's in a proper shape aesthetically and also plays fine, but the lights don't all work and when switching source, a loud popping noise is heard.

Now, I know you would recommend me to replace (at least) the caps. This (as well as cleaning the parts when taking it apart) is something I wanna do when I have the time, as I'm not an expert and I don't wanna rush it. In the meantime, is it safe to use the device, or is there a risk of causing damage to the device? It's been sitting still for about ten years.

Also, the aluminium of the knobs is somewhat oxidised. There's probably no easy fix for this, but if you have any tips, they're more than welcome.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 4:10 PM

Feel the temperature on the cooling fins at the back.
It should remain at room temperature (or very close) when powered on but not playing, and it must only
become slightly warmer than your hand while playing at normal volume.
If it runs warmer - or if the temperature differs a lot from left to right side, - stop using it.

A quite comprehensive service kit is available here: www.beoparts-shop.com

The oxidation on the knobs could be difficult to remove. A careful brushing with a fiberglass brush could perhaps do a little, but
once eloxated surfaces are damaged they are almost impossible to get back without a complete resurfacing (which in this case could probably only be done at B&Os factory).
Replacing the knobs would also be possible - though not a particularly easy task.

Martin

Aegidius
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Aegidius replied on Tue, Nov 23 2021 4:39 PM

Thanks for this info Martin. I had it powered on for a while now and the back doesn't get warm, so that's good news. Will keep checking over time. The service kit looks helpful as well. I'll leave the knobs as is for now.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS