Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision Eclipse 2nd generation software bugs

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin Posted: Thu, Nov 25 2021 11:33 AM

Hi, 

I have recently got delivered a new Beovision Eclipse 2nd generation 65-inch (with G1-screen). 

I have found two software bugs in the latest software version in the soundcenter:

1. The green light indicator (under the speaker) will sometimes light up even if I use VIDEO-mode (LIVE-TV or HDMI A-D). The green light indicator should only light up when playing music (Deezer/DLNA) in AUDIO-mode. The indicator works fine when playing music in AUDIO-mode but for some reason it also light up sometimes when soundcenter is in VIDEO-mode. This bug is only cosmetic but annoying. 

2. The second sw-bug is regarding which sources is showing on the screen when using HDMI-sources:

If I use HDMI B (in my case OPPO-player) and put the TV in standby, and after that starting the TV again with HDMI A (in my case Apple TV 4k) it still says on the screen "Oppo-player" when it should show "Apple TV 4k". Even if the screen in this case show "Oppo-player" the Apple TV source is on and working properly. There is some bug here that makes the soundcenter not show the right source when one HDMI-source is used and after that putting the TV to stand by and after that putting on another HDMI-source. The bug is only cosmetic but annoying. 

Have anybody with Harmony or Eclipse 2nd generation this software bugs also?

I hope you understood the explanation aboveBig Smile

Best Regards

Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Thu, Nov 25 2021 11:58 AM
The 2nd sw-bug is also present on my Eclipse 1st gen.

I have reported it to B&O support, but the only feedback I have received so far, is a mail saying they have forwarded it to their technical team.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Thu, Nov 25 2021 12:45 PM

Hi, 

Very good that You also have reported one of the bugs. 

I have also instructed my dealer to send the same report as I have written here on the Forum to his contacts within B&O. 

Let see if a correction will come. 

Best Regards

Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS