Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Ouverture Tape speed problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

gastron
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
gastron Posted: Wed, Dec 15 2021 12:56 PM

Hi there , Im a new forum member from Denmark. 

I I have bought two Ouvertures with different issues that needs to be fixed. I have started with the one in worst condition to get to know  the insides before working on the other one.

Right im trying to get the tape deck working. The belt had turned into goo so I have removed the goo and bought a new belt (from Beoparts in Denmark). Unfortunately it doesn´t work: after putting everything back together the tape deck runs too fast most of the time. Also movements like turn, fast forward and rewind are happing way too fast. Sometimes it works in normal speed for some time but then it speeds up again.

I made a small video clip of the problem. In the video the speed is correct to begin with, then i press turn and then from there it´s running too fast. [Video]

https://youtu.be/Crqg1gr-gAI

Any idea what can be causing this? It´s almost like the motor get too much current more that a mechanical problem, but im not sure. 

As mentioned , the unit also have other issues, just in case that some brilliant mind can see that there is a connection between the problems :

The doors will not open by themselves, if I open them manually (by turning the gear with the belt) they will close without any problems. This worked when I got is and the day after it didn´t  work anymore. (have changed the belt for the door, but it´s still the same. 

Another issue that came during the night without touching it, is that the CD "door" will not open. If I open it manually by turning the gear inside the unit is will close again without problems. 

Hope anyone can help solving this mistery :-)

Taktak :)

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 2:01 PM

Check the solder joints on the small PCB fastened to the tape drive.
If your drive version has a trimmer, it could also have an intermittent fault.

Martin

gastron
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
gastron replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 3:23 PM

thanks for your reply. 

I could not see any problems on the small pcb. Did a reflow of the solder joints but still no luck. I can´t see a pot on the version i have.

I noticed another thing  that makes me think that it is an electrical issue:

Mostly it plays too fast, but now and the it works ok for a short while. I noticed that there is a bit more hum in the speakers when it plays too fast compared to when it plays normal speed. (I did test after reassembling it to be sure that it wasn't due to a missing ground connection) 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 4:11 PM

A trapped cable somewhere, perhaps?
Check also the large connector/plug for the tape drive.

Martin

gastron
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
gastron replied on Wed, Dec 15 2021 5:10 PM

yeah, it probably a broken cable somewhere, a needle in a haystack. Have a feeling that it might be a problem with one of the grund connections and that when I figure it out it will also solve the door problems. (maybe it´s just my experiences with the Peugeot talking.... Laughing ). 

I did put it aside for a bit and opened the other Ouverture that also needed a new belt for the tape deck. Now I've changed that and it is working perfectly. (quite impressed by the sound from the tape deck). Just need to change the belt for the door then that is good to go. (a chrismas gift so it was the most important one to fix but I like it so much that i also want to get the one I bought for myself fixed :-) )

gastron
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
gastron replied on Wed, Jan 5 2022 7:08 PM

a small update

Still havn't found the problem, but the hi speed problem continued after putting the tape mech in another ouverture, so im pretty sure that the problem is in the tape mech itself and not in the other prints.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS