Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Automated Side Table

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Wed, Dec 22 2021 4:35 PM
Hello All

I have a BLI and a Halo

I am thinking of buying a side table to put next to my sofa (electric recliner)

This poses some challenges as the side table will be for my Halo but woudl for sure cover up the buttons to the recliner.

I am thinking of

Buying a side table and installing a recessed or not (long range) QI charger under the top wood so I can place my Halo on it for charging which is cool and like I have a star trek type seat with a control panel on my right.

This leaves the Recliner two buttons for open or close chair.

Now I could extend the cables and install the button in the side table top which would be cool BUT I was thinking what if I could do something amazing to make the two buttons available to the Halo which means the side table has a Halo that is always charging and perhaps the Halo can replace the recliner buttons to extend the chair.

Any idea what I could use to connect the four wires of the recliner buttons to that the BLI could talk to and the HALO could control to automate my reclining chair :)

My worry is that the recliner buttons need a constant press until they get to the desired position so perhaps I have to hold a Halo button or turning the wheel one way keeps applying a connection to the two wires to smoothly move the chair forward or use some form of button that fires the relay for 5 seconds for example.

Any cool thoughts?

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Bw789
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
Bw789 replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:43 PM

I guess the first question to ask is, does the chair have internet connectivity? If so, it might have an API that we could use.

Bw789
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
Bw789 replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:44 PM

If not, it's something that could be made to work with an arduino and some coding.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

It doesn’t have internet just two buttons that connect to four wires I believe.

I don’t know what makes a reclining motor stop I assume when it reaches the end of travel.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

Step one table arrived

Next step buy two longer recliner switches to drill into the table making access easier with the table in the way.

Now to find a invisible QI charger that can be screwed under the top.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
There we go

One side table next to a recliner with a Halo and recliner switch from Amazon making life simple.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Just need to buy a wireless charger for Halo to bolt underneath, found a few that claim 20mm charging range which will be perfect

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
With a borrowed idea from Miki podcast.

Eclipse 65