Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 4500 Touch Panel

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Tim
Not Ranked
Somerset, UK
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Tim Posted: Mon, Jan 10 2022 7:36 PM

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all, I hope you're all keeping safe and well, and let's hope that 2022 will be better than the previous couple of years !

I recently managed to get hold of a Beomaster 4500 in exceptional good condition - the Beomaster that I've always wanted.  When it arrived the glass control panel was loose, fortunately not broken.  After some negotiation I got a good discount, so this means I can now try and get it all back together.

The problem is that when I rest the glass control panel back in place, some of the 'buttons' do not work (they all work without the panel), I realise this is probably because the panel does not touch the sensors underneath.  My question is, what are these sensors and how do they work, they appear to be small rubber tubes (presumably electricaly conductive), are they slid/pressed over pins on the PCB below ? Can they be pulled up the pin away from the PCB (to reach the underside of the glass panel), and they appear to be cut at an angle - is there a reason for this ?

I should add that the glass panel has become detatched from the plastic surround (which I've put back in place) so I'm guessing that it's just a question of using some (very thin) double-sided tape to re-attatch it to the plastic 'frame'

The underside of the glass panel seems ok visually, should I need to clean this with anything for electrical conductivity ?

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS