Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 5500 to external speaker hookup question. Aux Out or a 2 Pin DIN to RCA

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Johnny
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Johnny Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2022 11:49 PM

Hello Everyone,

Two years ago, I was able to get a full BeoSystem 5500 from a prop auction that was in fantastic shape and included almost everything from when it was first sold from the store.   The Beogram 5500 had the original needle, although I have since replaced it (I have the original still so that it can be fixed one day).   Currently, I have the Beogram 5500 and the BeoSystem 5500 hooked up since I only play vinyl (although I plan to hook them all up in the future because it looks so cool).  It also lets me avoid using the controller since I can hit play for any record. 

My question is about hooking up to external speakers.  There is a lot of information online, and I'm having a hard time figuring out the next steps.

At the moment, I have the Beomaster Aux Out hooked into two Edifier Active bookshelf speakers with an RCA cable. It worked the best when I was I was first setting everything up.   Phono out would sometimes stop working if the cable moved too much.   Another post recommended 2Pin DIN Male to Male RCA, and I found some cables on Ebay. Any reason this would not work or is there a better to approach this?   Should I just leave it as is? If the new cable works, I would hook up a Bluetooth transmitter to the Aux Out for kitchen speakers.

Eventually, I will get B&O speakers, but that is not in my budget for a while.   Appreciate any advice! 

Current hookup: https://imgur.com/a/0Z2ScQk

Cables I ordered: Bang Olufsen Tandberg Speaker Cables 2Pin DIN Male to Male RCAs 5ft Pair (on Ebay)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS