Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 touchpad scratches

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Jakemack
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Jakemack Posted: Thu, Jan 27 2022 11:25 AM

Hi everyone, I took delivery of my beogram 4002 yesterday in white and what a beauty in near mint condition.

Unfortunatly the fine speed dial was not taped down and has popped loose during transit resulting in the touchpad being scratched which has really sickened me. 
Im wondering if anything can be done to return it back to its former glory, any help is much appreciated thank you.

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Jan 27 2022 7:44 PM

Sorry to to hear that. Restoration is not easy. Take a look at Rudy’s description at https://beolover.blogspot.com/2016/09/beogram-4002-5501-keypad-restoration.html

John Francis
Top 500 Contributor
USA
Posts 155
Silver Member

Hello Jakemack,

I have checked into this quite extensively and have found a satisfactory solution, but not sure how long it will last. A matte coating, according to an automotive paint shop person I talked with, will always get shinny when it gets wear. Anyway I had to remove all the coating from the touchpad and spray it with a flat lacquer. You can send me a message if you want to get more details about the procedure. I have done several touchpads and they looked pretty good from my perspective. Rudy at Beolover makes a remote circuit that works with the 4002 that I would get, so touching the pad is no longer an issue.

John

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS