Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 integration with Masterlink system

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

rvdb
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
rvdb Posted: Sun, Jan 30 2022 12:34 AM

Dear All

First my current setup:

1. Lounge: Beovision 6-26, Beocenter 2
  2. Sleeping room: Beolab 3500
  3. Bathroom: Beolab 2000
  4. Study: Beolink Active (s.w. 1.6) attached to two active speakers (Philips MFB), simple TV connected with coax to the BV6-26 (which has a RF modulator to distribute the analog video signal).

As i am listening a lot to CD's nowadays (working from home) i would like to replace the gear in the study. I have a Beocenter 9000 that only has a datalink AUX connector. The BC9000 drives my Tannoy Cheviot speakers.

The BC9000 is connected to the masterlink system through a Beolink 1611 box. Alas the only thing i can do from the study over the datalink--masterlink connection is shutting off all equipment in all rooms. What i would like to do is:

• control the TV from the study (through the coax i can watch tv and through ML i want to listen to the tv on my BC9000 system,
  • control the BC9000 from other rooms to listen to tape or cd i play on the BC9000

I don't understand how to proceed from here. Is it possible what i want? And if so what to do?

Regards and hope to profit from your knowledge.

Rein van den Boomgaard

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Jan 30 2022 5:27 AM

rvdb:
Is it possible what i want? And if so what to do?
In ML you can have only one Audio device set as Master (note: same for Video).

In general to overcome this problem you have to set one as Slave. That said, not all devices can be set as ML Slave. In your setup the BC2 can be set as Slave but the BC9000 not.

The sources of a device set as Master can be distributed through ML to other rooms, but the sources of a Slave can NOT be distributed. So the Slave sources are local sources.

To try this in your setup, set the BC2 in option 5. The BC2 sources can only be used in the Lounge. But the BC9000 has become the Master and the sources can be distributed to the Lounge/Bath room/Sleeping room/etc. (advice: unplug the T1611 trom the mains, reprogram the BC2, re-plug the T1611 to the mains)

To listen to your tv in the study, connect it to the BC9000 (A.Tape2) and start this source.

rvdb
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
rvdb replied on Sun, Jan 30 2022 2:12 PM

Thanks for your answer!

That's good and not so good news. Good is that i now know that BC9000 has to be the master in the system. Meaning that i have to plug my streamer as tape2 into the bc9000 to distribute the sound to all rooms.

Not so good is that i can't distribute the tv sound over masterlink. The nice thing in the beolink active (previous) setup is that i could control the tv from any room, hear the sound over the system in any room but also control the tv (switching channels etc).

And i am also not sure whether the BV6-26 will start distributing the RF video signal unless it is started from a slave.

I will soon try the various options and let you know.

To end with a technical question: on the beoworld beotech site i read for option 5: "Two IR receivers in the same room link", is that referring to the IR receivers of both the BC2 and BV6? (i always thought that option was for master and slave in the same room...)

UPDATE:

• setting the BC2 to option 5 (audio option 5) resulted in a system where indeed i could start the cd player of the BC9000 from the lounge room. But often the DVD player  of the BC2 also started to play
  • i had the hope by setting another option for the BV6 could improve upon that
  • but by doing so i screwed up. I can still select a source from the BC9000 in the lounge but nothing is heard from the BV6 speakers. And strangely enough when selecting SAT on the BV6 (which selects one of the AV inputs of the BV6). Picture is OK then but again no sound...

Where did i go wrong?

What should be the options for both BV6 and BC2? (i did not check all 36 possible combinations of options... strangely enough option 3 is not mentioned in the ML manual).

Thanks again!

Rein

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Jan 30 2022 2:36 PM

rvdb:
Not so good is that i can't distribute the tv sound over masterlink.
actual you can

When you give a TV command to the BC9000 it should start with the sound of the BV6.  

rvdb:
And I am also not sure whether the BV6-26 will start distributing the RF video signal unless it is started from a slave.
I'm not sure if you will get picture this way. For sure the command at the BC9000 will only be sound. If you start the BV6 and go to the other TV and select the channel with the RF distribution signal you should get picture shown on the BV6. You should be able to change channels with your remote command to the BC9000 then .

But watching tv this way will not be up to nowadays standard.

rvdb:
To end with a technical question: on the beoworld beotech site i read for option 5: "Two IR receivers in the same room link", is that referring to the IR receivers of both the BC2 and BV6? (i always thought that option was for master and slave in the same room...
Option 5 is in principle used, if a local audio system and a local video system is available in the same room.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS