Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Crackling pop from speaker channel L1 and L2 on Beomaster 4500

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

jensnilsson76
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
jensnilsson76 Posted: Sun, Feb 6 2022 10:46 PM

Hello guys,

First time poster, but long time forum reader and enthusiast. I apologize if this has been answered before. I tried the search engine on the forum but couldn't find anything matching my issue.

Earlier today I pulled the trigger on a childhood dream of mine. A Beomaster 4500, Beogram CD 4500 and Beocord 4500. The system came complete with a pair of Beovox RL 60.2 speakers, the Beolink 1000 and all the manuals.

Me and the seller sent a few messages back and forth and hammered out a deal. When I was about to go and pick it up he sent me a text stating he might have done something to the amplifier when disconnecting and connecting everything in a different location. Speaker output for L1 and L2 wasn't working anymore. He had sent me a video of everything working before, so I do trust him something did happen. I just can't figure out what, though, and I hope you guys may be able to shed some light. I've been googling all evening but have come up short.

So, the speakers connect through standard Din-2 connectors with the round (+) and flat (-) connectors to the Beomaster. The previous owner figured he might have connected +/- the wrong way, but that shouldn't really matter for anything but phasing possibly. Right?

When I connect the speakers to R1 and R2 everything seems to work just fine. See this video I recorded earlier this evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWOcH0qq9FQ

When I connect either of the speakers (or both) to L1 and/or L2 the system powers on briefly but then I get this popping/crackling noise and the amplifier and CD turns off. See this video I recorded earlier this evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVU9HSZVFk

(PLEASE BEWARE OF NOISE IF USING HEADPHONES!)

I've read a few topics regarding faulty speaker relays but from what I've read I don't think this is related to the speaker relays.

I have some rudimentary knowledge of electronics, like measuring voltages and identifying broken components, but I figured I'd ask before opening the unit up for inspection.

All and any help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jens

jensnilsson76
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hey everyone,

Is there anythng I can add or modify to my post to make it easier for the forum users to advice me on a starting point here? I could of course take it to a repair shop, but I was hoping to get some hints on what the issue might be.

Thanks,

Jens

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS