Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1202 and Beomaster 3000

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

BOdiddley
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BOdiddley Posted: Thu, Feb 10 2022 11:04 AM

Hi folks,

New to the forum and vintage B&O and hoping some of you good souls out there can help a rookie!

I’ve got a Beogram 1202 with SP14 cartridge that seems to work fine mechanically at least. When I hook it up to my 1970s Beomaster 3000 2402 in TT port 1 nothing comes through - dials not moving on amp. I know the master is working fine in other ports at least. Am I right in thinking I don’t need a preamp for this setup? Any ideas how to fault check gratefully received!

Cheers,

Paddy 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 10 2022 3:28 PM

Beomaster 3000 has two Phono inputs. One has a built-in RIAA, the other hasn't.
Which does or doesn't escapes me at the moment - but I suggest you try the other input.

The Beomaster could also be in need of thorough service.
Most are by now, if not already done.

Martin

BOdiddley
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BOdiddley replied on Thu, Feb 10 2022 5:46 PM

Thanks - yes tried the other one and no joy. Am thinking it’s more likely to be issue with the turntable as the amp was working before I collected it…

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Feb 11 2022 3:34 AM

You should do two troubleshooting steps to pin down the issue. First remove the cartridge and measure the resistance between the two pins on each side. Should be 500-1000ohms. If you don't get a reading then the cartridge is bad. If you do get that then plug is back in and measure the resistance at the cable end with the arm lowered on the record. If it shows 0-1ohm you have a muting switch problem in the 1202. If open (no reading) you have a break in the wiring.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS