Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

App Beta 3.21

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 Posted: Sun, Feb 13 2022 8:44 AM
No longer show details about linked products:

I also find the selection button inappropriate, usually circles are used for multiple choices, when only one choice is possible such extra button are useless IMO

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Hi!

Circles are originally used for “radio” buttons when you have an exclusive choice, not multiple choice . So it’s appropriate here.

Multiple choice is indicated by square tickboxes or on iOS toggle buttons.

This will allow the indication of the currently selected source.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 9:20 AM
PhilLondon:

Circles are originally used for “radio” buttons when you have an exclusive choice, not multiple choice . So it’s appropriate here.

This is not the way Apple think for multiple Airplay2 targets selection if I may:

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

PhilLondon:
Hi!

Multiple choice is indicated by square tickboxes or on iOS toggle buttons.

This will allow the indication of the currently selected source.

Sorry - I fail to understand that!

Could you - please - give some examples.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

mbolo01:
No longer show details about linked products:

I also find the selection button inappropriate, usually circles are used for multiple choices, when only one choice is possible such extra button are useless IMO

That is a mess….

How am I to know to which source device a ‘Line-in’ or a ‘TuneIn’ source belongs?

I need the addition as previously or the option to rename these (multiple) sources as I please.

MM

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Phil is right - radio buttons by convention give you a single choice of mutually exclusive options, just like an old-fashioned push-button preset radio.

Apple are playing with their interface standards again, but at least you can see that the circle, once pressed, gives a checkbox, which as Phil pointed out is what you expect when you are able to select multiple simultaneous items.

Lawrence
mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 12:58 PM

lawrencejmcook:
Phil is right - radio buttons by convention give you a single choice of mutually exclusive options, just like an old-fashioned push-button preset radio.

Apple are playing with their interface standards again, but at least you can see that the circle, once pressed, gives a checkbox, which as Phil pointed out is what you expect when you are able to select multiple simultaneous items.

Lawrence

I don't disagree with these statements, you are right, radio button for exclusive selection is an industry standard, I had Apple AP2 screen in memory when commenting reason why. Nevertheless, a simple check mark before the active source item would have been sufficient .... and the main issue is the lack of information about the linked product.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

mbolo01:

I don't disagree with these statements, you are right, radio button for exclusive selection is an industry standard, I had Apple AP2 screen in memory when commenting reason why. Nevertheless, a simple check mark before the active source item would have been sufficient .... and the main issue is the lack of information about the linked product.

Industry standart or not - these are not hard buttons - there is no need to mimic those.

Just let the colour of the choosen source change a bit (let it be a bit darker….), when that is choosen or indicate it with a dot right behind it.

Those rings are too much - I prefer simplicity.

The information about which sources are from linked products needs to come back…definitely.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Stoppet playback and the app went back to the standby screen 

Is that a bug….or intentional? Unsure

Please try to turn your device from vertical to horizontal.

Maybe they only do tests on phones…..which are held vertical.

They probably did not consider, that some people actually are using iPads for the app Crying

(By the way….why must I see that big wheely - I haven’t got any in my setup.

Please let me choose a picture that indicates the actual room, where the device is located)

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 5:21 PM
Millemissen:

(By the way….why must I see that big wheely - I haven’t got any in my setup

I guess this is the way they represent the Essence in the app, leveraging the Essence remote shape

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 13 2022 6:10 PM
Millemissen:

I tested switching from vertical/horizontal while listening to Deezer and TuneIn and I have had no issue. I don’t have Spotify.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

mbolo01:
Millemissen:

I tested switching from vertical/horizontal while listening to Deezer and TuneIn and I have had no issue. I don’t have Spotify.

I tried again a couple of hours later……..without this issue.

It seems that the fault is more on the rendering site of the iPad - however, that was a funny feeling.

And the ‘big wheely’ also now appears smaller - I can live with that, although I’d prefer the previous more stylistic, minimal representation of the wheely.

P.S. I am pretty sure, that it has nothing to do with Spotify or any other source used.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS