Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram RX 5773 No Sound

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

jagilbert
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
jagilbert Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2022 1:32 AM

Just brought home a used Beogram Rx that seemed like too good a price not to gamble on. The deck is pretty clean and appears to have been cared for. It has the MMC2 cartridge on it. The motor spins and I can hear music at the stylus, but get no output to the speakers. I can hear a noise in the speakers as the tone arm lifts off the record when pushing the pause button, but that's the only sound I can get to the speakers.

I read somewhere (maybe in here) about the same problem with a different model, and folks were suggesting to check from the tone arm terminals through to the RCA plugs or to check between the RCA plugs. I can get 16 Ohms between the RCA plugs (L to R). I can get about 12 Ohms from any of the 4 cartridge terminals to the L RCA plug and 8 Ohms from any cartridge terminal to the R RCA plug. That doesn't seem right that all 4 would have continuity to L and R channels does it?

I also read something about a mute switch that activates depending on tone arm position...My readings don't change no matter where I place the tone arm.

Any thoughts on what direction to chase? Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS