Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 55 (2015) Deezer app not working and DMR not findable in network

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Timo_B
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Timo_B Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2022 7:48 AM

Since long time, the Deezer app on the TV is not working anymore.

I already contacted B&O several times, but they can't help help me.

By chance I saw that the B&O phone app not supports Deezer.T

I turned DMR on, but I can't find it in our network to stream to it. Connecting the TV by cable or WiFi doesn't have any difference.

PS We use Apple (iPhone & iMac)

Please help me out :-) 

Thx! Timo

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Feb 14 2022 8:40 AM

Timo_B:
By chance I saw that the B&O phone app not supports Deezer.T

Can you share screenshot?

The B&O app do support Deezer through the devices connected to the app.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sorry - these are really old ‘news’.

The app platform on the Avant 1st gen has been unusable for years now - some still use the Youtube app, though.

Everyone I know will tell you to get an AppleTV (and load the ATV PUC to control it with the beoremote) and use that or to use the Chromecast dongle for streaming from an external device.

As for the DRM function (I am sure you mean the ability to show/play what is send via DLNA to the Avant)……that is also long gone.

That feature was taken out with a software update, that brought the netradio function (which previously was not there).

I remember having a chat with the support at that time.

They offered me a rollback to the previous sw…..which then would not have the netradio function.

So I prefered the netradio!

You can still use DLNA via the Avant - you can connect it to a DLNA server of your choice and search via the Home Media section on the tv.

That works well - although the search function (depending on the functions of the DLNA server used) can be a bit cumbersome.

If I were to use Deezer, I would use a network linked B&O product (if you don’t have any, the cheapest option would be an M3) and simply connect that to the Avant….and use the built in Deezer app there via the B&O app (expand to or join).

By the way - for those who use Spotify Premium - the Avant acts as a Connect device for that, if connected to another NL capable B&O device.

The ‘B&O contacted’ guys should know that or at least have been able to provide you with the knowlege from HQ.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Timo_B:

I turned DMR on, but I can't find it in our network to stream to it. Connecting the TV by cable or WiFi doesn't have any difference.

Thx! Timo

Do you have a DLNA capable server software running on your Mac….that is what the Avant will be looking for.

MM

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Feb 14 2022 10:03 AM

Millemissen:
Timo_B:

Thx! Timo

Do you have a DLNA capable server software running on your Mac….that is what the Avant will be looking for.

MM

I've got the impression, Timo thinks he can starts Deezer on his phone and can stream from this app directly to the BV Avant. Or he can choose Deezer as a BV Avant source with the B&o app and play music. But both are not available on the Avant.

As you said he can use Home Media to play his own music if he has a media server installed in his network.

Addition: I presume he has got the mkI version of the Avant, the mkII should be available to CC to. 

Timo_B
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Timo_B replied on Mon, Feb 14 2022 11:08 PM

Hi Hiort, 

I have the TV in my device list on the app. 

When I start Deezer to play some music, I'll get the "Not available" warning.

Timo_B
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Timo_B replied on Mon, Feb 14 2022 11:24 PM

Hi Millemissen, 

Thank you for your reply!

It's a shame B&O didn't tell me about what you described above.

I will take a closer look at the new Apple TV; Hope it works better with Netflix than mine does (I still have the second gen.)

Timo_B
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Timo_B replied on Mon, Feb 14 2022 11:24 PM

Hi Millemissen, 

Thank you for your reply!

It's a shame B&O didn't tell me about what you described above.

I will take a closer look at the new Apple TV; Hope it works better with Netflix than mine does (I still have the second gen.)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Timo_B:

Hi Hiort, 

I have the TV in my device list on the app. 

When I start Deezer to play some music, I'll get the "Not available" warning.

As Hiort described, this is not possible (with that gen of BV).

Another example would be, if you’d try to start a Radio station from the app.

Despite the Avant having a built in netradio player, this also will not be possible.

I can only repeat my advice from above - if you really are after playing Deezer from the Avant - get a Beoplay M3, while you atill can.

This way (when well configured) you will be able to start Deezer there and Join in from the Avant.

Tip: if you do not want to hear the sound from the M3, just configure that to a startup volume of 0 (zero).

Anyway, the M3 might be handy with the iMac for improving the sound there….just use airplay.

P.S. You surely won’t regret getting a new AppleTV!!!

MM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS