Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

M5 Volume Automatically Drops/Increases to Default Volume Level

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Petros150
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Petros150 Posted: Sun, Feb 20 2022 1:20 AM

Volume automatically resets to "Default Volume Level" on M5 after anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes of playing sound, no matter what source the sound is coming from. Have tried streaming from two different iPhones and a MacBook using Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify Connect. In all cases, when playing music/sound, after a period of usually 2 to 5 minutes, the volume automatically drops or increases to the "Default Volume Level".

Default Volume Level is under the Product Settings-Configure-Sound-Sound Levels menu. I have tried setting the default anywhere from low (15) to it's highest setting (60) and can confirm that the sound both automatically increases and decreases without intervention from me, regardless of source.

Phoned B&O support and they have never encountered this and have suggested to send the unit in for replacement as it is under warranty. Would like to avoid this and wonder if anyone has experienced the same issue and if/how they were able to solve it...?

Thank you!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Feb 20 2022 6:13 AM
Never had that problem with my M5.

Did you do a factory reset?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Petros150
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Petros150 replied on Sun, Feb 20 2022 9:25 PM

yes - tried factory reset to no avail

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS