Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision to Naim uniti nova

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

abyss
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Bronze Member
abyss Posted: Sun, Feb 20 2022 1:55 PM

Hello community

I have a question about a setup or better how to solve it (maybe it's quite simple and I'm just too stupid).

I have a Beovision Eclipse (1gen) which is powered by an Apple TV. 

Next to it I have a naim uniti nova, which drives a couple of Piega CL90x. 

I now want to connect the Eclipse to the naim for sound output so that I can use the speakers, while of course keeping the soundbar integrated.

I have not been very successful with my attempts so far (via hdmi) or do I have to change something on the Apple TV (I don't think the naim is 5.1 capable)?

Thanks for the support

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I am not sure I would recommend it!

But you could use one of the Powerlink outputs of the Sound Center - with the appropriate adapter cable.

And connect that cable to the (analog) input port of the Naim.

You would have to configure the PL out as ‘line-out’ or ‘other’ and choose the role that your Piegas would have (Fronts or surrounds?) with the Eclipse.

The Naim is a 2 channel device aka stereo.

Then you would have to choose that input on the Naim and volume regulate it according to the general volume choosen for the Eclipse…..which will be a PIA in daily use, I guess.

You could use the eARC to connect the ATV directly, but then there will be no sound from the Sound Center and (probably) no control of the ATV through the BV/Beoremote.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BeoMatthew
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member

Without a control system to manage the volume this would probably be a pain in the neck. 

What you're essentially looking for is a 3.0 or 3.1 setup - such that the TV would be your dialog/center and the Piegas would be your front left and right channels. You'd need to switch on the Uniti Nova and match the relative volumes. 

I can and have made things like this work with systems like Control4 because you can activate the products, inputs, and set relative volumes easily - otherwise you'd be doing a lot of fussing every time you want to watch TV. 

I have a Uniti Atom and I'm absolutely in love with it so I understand the desire to involve it, but I wouldn't say it's simple.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS