Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 - Blinking LED of DEATH?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

notwist
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
notwist Posted: Wed, Feb 23 2022 8:18 AM

Hi all, 

With the help of @Bill I was able to dissasemble my 'dead' inherited Beocenter 9000. This Beocenter was defective; it would start (relay clicks) and 90% of the time would go through some sort of 'boot loop'. Just restarting all the time. Once every X cycle it would kinda boot properly (cd carriage coming on, motor working, etc) but after 2 minuted would again go to the off state. Which would trigger the reboot. 

So. I removed the power supply. On the power supply there were 6 capacitors that were way out of spec, one was dead in the water. Also the soldering of the through hole components was cracked and brittle. These are common issues. The smd caps were also bad as they so often are. So I reworked the board and replaced the defective components. 

Of course I tested every semiconductor on the board, they all checked out fine. Testing the IC's out of circuit is almost impossible but I found no shorts to ground. I did not check the main microprocessor. After this I put the board back in the machine and reconnected. 

Now when the machine gets power nothing happens beside a very slow blinking red LED on the carriage. There is absolutely no life in the machine whatsover, it is completely unresponsive. I have triple checked my work before re-inserting the pcb, I have done this kind of work many many many times, Aside from the slow blinking LED it is totally dead; no relay clicks just nothing. 

The question is what the hell is going on here? 

Kind regards,

Bert

notwist
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 100
Bronze Member
notwist replied on Wed, Feb 23 2022 5:06 PM

Okay, the problem was a ribbon cable that wasn't 100% making contact. 

Now it is back to it's previous cycle when it is powered using the main switch. 

I can't enter any service menu because it is unresponsive when it is cycling. 

Perhaps the main processor has died, too bad. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS