Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BM Link menu-bar icon grayed out

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Stefan
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 26
Gold Member
Stefan Posted: Wed, Mar 6 2013 11:41 PM

I have been moving to a new house, and since then, BM Link and Beoport do not work anymore. It neither transmits sounds nor receives / reacts to commands.

iTunes is 11, OSX is 10.7. (Lion). It might be that I had upgraded to iTunes 11 when moving, but I trust that N.MUSIC would still be working. II suspected a HW error and swapped the BeoPort, to no avail. 

Interesting symptom: the BM Link - Logo in the menu bar remains grayed out.

Thank you and kind regards

Stefan

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:07 AM

Hi Stefan,

Yes, you are right, with iTunes 11 N.Music is still working. N.Radio opens a output channel, but does not activate the N.Radio playlist anymore.

When you activate the BM-Link system panel, there is one of the tabs showing the FW version of the connected BeoPort.

You could check, if a version is diaplayed, to verify BM-Link connects to BeoPort.

hfat

Stefan
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 26
Gold Member
Stefan replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:32 AM
hfat:

You could check, if a version is diaplayed, to verify BM-Link connects to BeoPort.

Thank you, hfat.

I did check and the version shows clearly. However, after installing HW Growler to monitor the USB-Ports I noticed that BeoPort keeps mounting and unmounting. Thus I suppose, by graying the wave-logo in the menu bar BM-Link wants to tell us that it has lost the USB-connection to BeoPort.

I have two BeoPorts, both show the same behaviour. Now, why the USB-connection is not stable I cannot tell. Anybody notice the same behaviour? My Mac Mini's OS version is 10.8.2, my iTunes version is 11.0.2 (26) 64 bit.

Kind regards

Stefan
hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:43 PM

Hi Stefan,

I just checked, I'm running the same configuration: Mac mini, OS X 10.8.2.

As I moved to Mac only recently, I'm not the expert on OS X, sorry.

hfat

Stefan
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 26
Gold Member
Stefan replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:27 PM
I installed Windows 7 and BeoPort SW and did some test with a very interesting results:

Even with this fully supported configuration I was unable to make BeoPort work if BeoPort was placed in a link room. If it was placed in the main room, where the BS 9000 is placed, it worked fine. However, if I then went to one of the link rooms and issued a command directed at the BeoPort, the BeoPort SW crashed. So, tonight I will try the same experiment with BM-Link and Linkplayer. My suspicion is that though all rooms are linked with Cat5 RJ45 cables (non-professional description but I hope you get the point) to one central patch panel there might be a signal dropping somewhere.

Btw would someone still have a LinkPlayer V1 binary available for me? I have erroneously overwritten mine with a no functioning V2.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 7:06 AM

Stefan:
I installed Windows 7 and BeoPort SW and did some test with a very interesting results:

Even with this fully supported configuration I was unable to make BeoPort work if BeoPort was placed in a link room. If it was placed in the main room, where the BS 9000 is placed, it worked fine. However, if I then went to one of the link rooms and issued a command directed at the BeoPort, the BeoPort SW crashed. So, tonight I will try the same experiment with BM-Link and Linkplayer. My suspicion is that though all rooms are linked with Cat5 RJ45 cables (non-professional description but I hope you get the point) to one central patch panel there might be a signal dropping somewhere.

Btw would someone still have a LinkPlayer V1 binary available for me? I have erroneously overwritten mine with a no functioning V2.

I never had problems with LP1 on a MacMini attached to a BV8 and the BM being in another room.

i.e. the Beoport/LP1 were in the "link room" as far as the BeoMaster (and they) were concerned.

I have loaded a copy of LP1 here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5wcfzcttn01q87/MPADzJn5W3

regards

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS