Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Feeding the BeoVirus

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Tue, Mar 20 2012 4:44 PM

Being infected with the BeoVirus and living in Mexico City force you to change your lifestyle.

As vintage B&O is nearly impossible to find in Mexico, I have to order and buy in the US, not only Beo but also tools, vinyl and instruments. I have some family in McAllen TX, and I use them shamelessly as my shipping address, I buy on the bay when I find something that I just cant live withoutSmile, then I start to plan the next trip and buy what else I need, this time my list is as follows.

BG CD 50, Beocord 5000, BM 5000,Record care kit, sophisticated wire stripper, ESR meter, Sennheiser HD 428, Hotel California 180 gr. vinyl, Johnny Cash vinyl used, Anita Baker vinyl used, Chuck Berry vinyl used, Janis Joplin CD, and some small items I dont remember.

For my work: 5 sets working Dickies, 110/220 Transformer, work shoes.

And then the FS has something up there, who knows, but she has learned to keep it small, one time she bought a new dishwasher, of course it didn't fit in the Honda, I had to ship it to Laredo TX to our customs agent, and from there legally import to Mexico, all in all it cost the double of the Mex. price, but she saved some 110 USD on the buying price, and free shipping as she told me.Angry

So Thursday March 21, we start the journey, 1100 Km (12 hours), stay with the family and I make my rounds in the electronic and used vinyl shops, the FS visits all the malls and buy some more shoes she will never use.

Monday 26th we go back again, and with just a little bit of luck, there will be no hassle at he border.

Back home I can start evaluating my precious buys and the FS showing her shoes to the friends, store them in the closet, forever forgotten. Threads to follow on vintage.Big Smile

We do this trip 1-2 times a year.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 4:48 PM

Søren Mexico:
Back home I can start evaluating my precious buys and the FS showing her shoes to the friends, store them in the closet, forever forgotten. Threads to follow on vintage.Big Smile

We have threads on watches, cars, coffee, shirts and whatnot, but the shoe thread will be a first I guess Stick out tongue

Have a good trip and may the purchase surprises be pleasant!

--mika

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 5:11 PM

tournedos:
and the FS showing her shoes to the friends, store them in the closet, forever forgotten

probably a good thing

most FS shoes are health hazards !!!

to say nothing of being a wealth hazard Laughing

BeoNut since '75

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:19 PM

I visited Jaff-Bay once.  That was a four day trip.  Don't think I could get my wife to do that again.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS