Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV10-46 - Mac Mini Calibration

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Bronze Member
Marcello Posted: Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:53 PM

Hi there, I'm new to the forums.

I have owned a BV10-46 since March 2012.

I am struggling to achieve an acceptable colour calibration with a Mac Mini (2011 model, HDMI).
Basically the problem is that the picture is way too dark when playing a video (I'm specially frustrated with Danish series like Forbrydelsen and Borgen which have a particular colour tone).

I disabled Film mode from the service menu, I calibrated using the Mac's built-in tool, but during daytime it's impossible to properly watch a movie, the picture is simply too dark (the desktop is fine if I compare it with a laptop).

Basically I'm looking for an equivalent of the "Dynamic" picture mode which Samsung TV sets have, optimised for daytime usage.

The BV10 has the AR coating and is placed against a window, so it does not receive direct sunlight.

I fiddled with the brightness setting, but raising it transforms blacks into greys, so I was wondering if anyone ran in the same problems and has any tips on how to properly calibrate it. Or if there are any TV settings I should look into (the scaler menu scares me, I have only disabled Film Mode so far).

Thanks for any help,

Marcello

johngomez
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
johngomez replied on Thu, Jan 30 2020 9:22 AM

This is a big issue. You can contact apple's customer support for solution. They help with apple devices apps etc. I like apps like iTunes. More than these apps I love apple. They make amazing innovative things and include them in their product. Recently they included face unlock in iPhone which is amazing. Their customer support is also great. Once I had an iTunes error called iTunes error 14. I contacted them and they helped me out.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS