Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Very vague Beocord 4500 Question?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Taylor T
Not Ranked
Southlake Tx
Posts 26
Bronze Member
Taylor T Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:03 AM

I know its vague but i recently got a Beosystem 4500 and new the beocord 4500 didn't work. Wondering where i should start looking for problems, If you touch any "button" all that happens is the red light turns off and does nothing red light stays off you have to unplug it and plug it back in. How ever if i use the remote and hit play or stop it turns off and does nothing then if i hit another button on the remote the light turns back on and does nothing. I know its very vague but any ideas?

Beosystem 4500 With Beogram rx2

Beomaster & Beocord 3300

Beocenter 9000

Beosound 2000

Beolab 6000

Rl 140 & Rl 35

Beovox S75

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 1:58 AM

It is probably the rubber belts that has degraded. They can turn into some sticky black 'goo' that wraps around the parts of the tape mechanism, and blocks every movement.
You'll have to open the Beocord and check the tape mechanism. (It will be a good idea to change the belts anyway)
Member 'dillen' here on Beoworld can provide you with new belts.
If you put in new belts and it still doesn't run -then it might be an electronic problem -and thet's more difficult to solve. But help can be found here on Beoworld. There's a lot of threads about tape decks -and people who can repair it.

If you go to the B&O dealer, they'll probably just say: "No spare parts available"...Sad

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS