Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Sealed Cassette tapes!

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member
Søren Hammer Posted: Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:39 PM

I have accumulated a big amount of cassette tapes and wish to sell some of them.

They are all in sealed condition, as new and 100% unbroken.

The first is a fivepack Maxell UR, current production. This is a good allround tape with the qualities of the TDK D. It will sound very decent in any B&O deck.

The next is some 2005 Fuji DR II. I have 10 individual tapes that I want to sell. A very nice type II tape with a pretty good bass extension.

Next up are 5 1996 Fuji DR II. Pretty much the same formulation as the later model, but in a different shell and package design.

A 5-pack Maxell UDII-CD, the last generation of type II Maxell tape. Very good and durable tape.

I have about twenty bulk tapes; they're not just any tape, they are loaded with BASF Chrome Plus tape in a good transparent shell. I have just fitted them with a Maxell-style sticker on the A-side, but they are totally NOS and haven't been recorded on even once.

One TDK MA100, the EA version from the late 1990's. This metal tape has turned out to be a collectible, and still a very good metal tape.

One TDK MA90, EB version from early 2000's. The last metal tape produced by one of the big brands, same tape inside as the EA version.

A two-pack of TDK MA90, "T"-version from around 1993.  Still the good TDK metal tape that came before the "EA" version.

And the pride of my tape collection: A 1988 TDK MA-X90. This tape is pretty scarce, and undoubtedly one of the very best cassette tapes ever made. The tape itself is the same as used in the 1988 TDK MA-XG, the legendary reference tape. The Beocord 9000 loves these tapes!

I will post world-wide. 

Come with some offers!

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 7:39 PM

No, no Søren, that won't do! 

Give us your prices! 

Jacques

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

chartz:

No, no Søren, that won't do! 

Give us your prices! 

I don't know the actual prices, eBay prices are fluctuating too much to make a guess!

Hmm....

After checking the value of the Maxell UR, I think that it should be kept in the collection!

The Fuji DRII's and will be sold at £1 a piece. The Maxell UDII CD is at £5 for the whole pack.

The BASF bulk tapes... Will 3 for £3.

The TDK MA's (EA and EB) is at £7 a piece.

The TDK MA90 two pack is at £16

I don't know about the MA-X90!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder

What about a sealed MA-XG !? Devil

Peter

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Peter:

What about a sealed MA-XG !? Devil

You are teasing me, Peter!

I don't know if I ever am daring to use a tape that is so rare!

I just need a bit of cash at the moment, have spent way too much on B&O and cassettes lately!

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Sat, May 26 2012 4:44 AM

Are these still available?

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

gburgess:

Are these still available?

I guess so - but the prices are not the same as TDK has discontinued the production of SA tapes with the prices skyrocketing on eBay.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS