Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How do I use the speakers connected to our Beovision 7 40" mk. 3, without getting a picture on the tv?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Plascma
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Plascma Posted: Tue, Aug 6 2013 10:42 AM

I connect my Dell laptop via an HDMI cable but I'm only interested in getting the sound transferred to the speakers while I use the laptop for other stuff as well. I can easily get both video and audio, but I'm only interested in the audio

Can I play music on the sound system connected to my tv without the tv having to show a picture?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Can you choose HDMI in the sound preferences on the laptop?

If you mean no picture on the BV, then just press 'P.Mute' (you can find that in the 'List' of the Beo4).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Plascma
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Plascma replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:07 AM

I'm just looking for no picture on the BV, how do you do that on a beo5?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Since I have no Beo5, I leave it up to one of the Beo5/6 owners to explain how to add 'P.Mute' on the Beo5.

Of cource that is possible too with the Beo5.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:14 PM
Plascma:

I'm just looking for no picture on the BV, how do you do that on a beo5?

With the CT for Beo5/6 you can add an extra command - P.Mute - via a macro.

A macro is nothing else than two or more commands after each other with just one button click.

First you have to select the source with the hdmi-input and then add the command for picture mute. You can even select the speaker options if there are speakers connected to your Beovision. Quite simple and works like a charm.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Plascma
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Plascma replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 7:13 PM

I went to my B&O store, had them put add the command. It works. However it seems that when I mute the picture I'm left without the center speakers (two speakers hooked up to an amplifier). I'm okay with the result (luckily the rest of the setup is still very good without the center speakers). So thank you very much for your quick and accurate answers.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Plascma:

I went to my B&O store, had them put add the command. It works. However it seems that when I mute the picture I'm left without the center speakers (two speakers hooked up to an amplifier). I'm okay with the result (luckily the rest of the setup is still very good without the center speakers). So thank you very much for your quick and accurate answers.

That's because the centre speaker is supposed to be for the voice channel of the movie/show you are watching - or in your case not watching (i.e. P-MUTE is on) so therefore no voices to watch/hear

BeoNut since '75

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:27 PM
Elephant is correct!

For listening to (stereo) music it is most common that you use one pair of speakers in front of you.

Don't mix it up with surrounding sound.

However, if you want to activate your center speakers, you can choose in the speaker option of your Beo5, Speaker 3 ( it is now set to Speaker 2).

I think your dealer did it correct.

But most of all, enjoy your setup and beloved music!
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS