Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:19 AM
I think I have asked before but did not get an answer so forgive me if this is a repeat question, I have a mac mini with all my music stored in iTunes is it possible for me to get the beosound 5 to read the music from iTunes rather than me having to use beoconnect to drag the music over
DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:55 PM

I didn't try it, but this should work, I guess..

Install Twonky (30day trial) on your Mini and share the map where your music is. 

Setup your BS5 to act as a music server. The BS5 will find Twonky if your Mini is running. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

If in time you find that your iTunes library is becoming too big for your mini, you could always store the library on an external hard drive / NAS.

I have stored mine on a WD MyBookLive and have that plugged in to my TimeCapsule.  This has a "twonky" server built it, so any DLNA device can access it directly without my mini being on.  

I don't have a BS5 yet, but i'm sure it could access MyBookLive in the above configuration.  

Regards

MH

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 1:36 PM

I have near the same setup as kai described. Be careful, the Beomaster 5 (Or the Beosound 5 as you like) can NOT handle Apple lossless files! Yes, what a shame... that's why i have still my BC2 and my Beoport running.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS