Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Mercedes Cabrio... Which Color?

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member
beopiranha Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:07 PM

Hi forum friends,

I believe that we all like good design and this is one of the reasons that we are all B&O fans. Therefore, I would really love to have your answers/comments against my question...

I've just placed an order for Mercedes E350 Cabrio for September. The only subject I left open (I still have 2-3 weeks to decide) is the color combination.

From all color range, I loved diamond white and palladium silver. These colors macthing perfectly with AMG sport package and 19" AMG Wheels. Now, the question is which color (can be different color too) you would choose and which color leder would you combine with?

Beopiranha 

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:42 PM

Silver - Mercedes should be silver! Having said that, I would have a deep metallic blue personally!!

Peter

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

For me a convertible is all about the sun. 

I think a blue with beige leather is a great combination. You can always go light or dark (blue) depending on where you live. I would also choose the beige soft top colour.

A lot of people like the classic Mercedes combination of silver with red leather. But the E convertible looks odd with some silvers, especially light silvers with bright silver wheels.  But if it's the AMG wheels in palladium or dark grey colour like mine then diamond white can look rather special. 

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Mickhoog, at the moment I'm also driving Final Edition CLK Cabrio in Diamond White with Mocca leder interior .  

I've got palladium silver E-cabrio as test car and honestly with black leder it is little boring. I mean as you said cabrio is all about the sun and fun so should make really fun. So I thought may be palladium silver with light gray leder but dealer told me that light color leder is very difficult to use in Germany...

Light silver is definetly week for this design... Dark gray is not really fitting. Sorry to say that but blue is not my color at all :( May be parliament blue but it is part of designo so just the lack cost over 5000 Euro which does not worth for me...

I don't wanna have black because almost 45% of the cars are in black and 35% gray in Germany :)

Here some pix for the wheels and colors

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I agree, everyone has grey or black.  And i like your combo of white with mocha.  Very tasteful. 

If blue is not your thing, perhaps going to see a few examples may change your mind lol.  There is a Merc colour in the US which is called "lunar blue" which i like on this car.  I think it fits the design and tail lights very well. :-p

Jokes aside, the E Cabrio can be quite sterile in grey exterior and black interior.  It does nothing to lift it.  Same as the e class in general - it can be sterile unless you get the right colour and contrast. 

Out of those examples you show, I would go with the white.  

I have seen the cabrio in red, but the paint red doesn't go with the big red tail lights in my opinion. This car definitely needs some contrast.  

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Mon, Apr 9 2012 9:32 AM

Not sure what it is nowadays but whenever I have a look at the color samples of cars there really isn't much I like. No surprise then black and al sorts of grey and silver are in high demand.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

John
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 321
Bronze Member
John replied on Sun, May 20 2012 12:34 PM

beopiranha:

Hi forum friends,

I believe that we all like good design and this is one of the reasons that we are all B&O fans. Therefore, I would really love to have your answers/comments against my question...

I've just placed an order for Mercedes E350 Cabrio for September. The only subject I left open (I still have 2-3 weeks to decide) is the color combination.

From all color range, I loved diamond white and palladium silver. These colors macthing perfectly with AMG sport package and 19" AMG Wheels. Now, the question is which color (can be different color too) you would choose and which color leder would you combine with?

Beopiranha 

I read some months back in the news - Dupont I think it was - research showed that worldwide the most popular automotive colour is silver, followed by black, and then white - in that order.  However, for the US of A, the favourite colour was white, and for Europe, Black.

From the photos you have posted, I like the diamond white the most, and would probably choose it with red/burgundy leather interior rather than mocca - I just think Diamond white is a lovely  'shade' of white, and would look stunning re a contrast with red/burgundy leather.

I've seen/sat in an C Class Coupe with that colour combination, along with brushed alloy trim and thought it stunning - both modern and classic.

I think for me personally, I'd probably go with Iridium silver and red leather interior though - but I like bright silver on Mercedes - mine is an W210 E Class Elegance saloon, and is Bright Silver with Orion grey leather interior - conservative but still classy and always seems light and bright inside in either dull or sunny weather.

HTH - lovely car BTW... 

Kind regards

John.. Cool

DrToto
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
DrToto replied on Thu, May 31 2012 3:48 PM
Hi beopiranha,

If you get the car in white, so the interior should be dark red. And if the black leder is boring just forget the silver grey for the exterior, black is the only color that really match with the silver grey.

Nevertheless you get the good car so whatever you choose it will be fine.

Good luck

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:36 PM

I'd go with a deep blue metallic. I have a 2001 CLK in an unusual color called Emerald Black, code 189. It changes color depending on the lighting ranging from a dark blue, to nearly black. to sometimes a dark green. Not sure it is still a standard color, but if you are doing a factory order MB will paint it whatever you want. A black leather interior with color coordinated blue piping, and embroidered blue edging on the black carpet would be great. It is a close match to the blue anodized panels on my Beolab 5000's, and the dark blue on my Avant and matching cabinet. Dark blue is available in the new egg shaped subwoofer too. 

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:36 PM

I'd go with a deep blue metallic. I have a 2001 CLK in an unusual color called Emerald Black, code 189. It changes color depending on the lighting ranging from a dark blue, to nearly black. to sometimes a dark green. Not sure it is still a standard color, but if you are doing a factory order MB will paint it whatever you want. A black leather interior with color coordinated blue piping, and embroidered blue edging on the black carpet would be great. It is a close match to the blue anodized panels on my Beolab 5000's, and the dark blue on my Avant and matching cabinet. Dark blue is available in the new egg shaped subwoofer too. 

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Jul 27 2012 1:17 PM

I have a ten year old silver Audi TT with low mileage and it's great fun for every day use - however if I really would love a Triumph Dolomite Sprint as a classic/weekend car - had one years ago and although unreliable it was great fun and very different. Other classics would be a Volvo Amazon or Original Saab Turbo

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Jul 27 2012 1:19 PM

Ooops - this was meant to go in the other post about cars - obviously a triumph dolomoite has nothing to do with the colour a Mercedes

But I would choose silver for a Merc Cabriolet - choice of black or red interior - or the dark blue with cream upholstery - but dark blue tends to date a car

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:17 PM

Gold plated with mirror windows and cover the grille with diamonds.

Oh and get rid of that plebeian Mercedes logo and replace it with something from a Hispano Suiza.

Very subtle.

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Big Smile

I'll do all these modifications, take a photo and post it here...

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Fri, Jul 27 2012 7:17 PM

calcite white or obsidian black with red or tan hide,gets the wheels painted gunmetal though

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS