Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

IOS 7 and B&O applications

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Christophe Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:31 PM

Hi BeoWorlders,

Have you updated your Ipad to IOS7?

Have you noticed that BeoPlayer is now (finally) Ipad compatible? No need to zoom, the app is displayed properly, unfortunately still in portrait mode only.

On the other hand, the BeoSetup app is not compatible! When you try to open it, it shuts down..Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Haven't tried it yet, but beginning to loathe IOS 7. Saying it takes cues from Android is hardly a good starting point in a any design.

Would the T2 you have make the H6 earphones i've just bought sound any better do you think?  Using a mini Ipad has already made a difference.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/46260/lumigon-t2-android-phone-with-android-4-0-bang-olufsen-icepower-audio-announced.html

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:52 PM

Christophe :

Hi BeoWorlders,

Have you updated your Ipad to IOS7?

Have you noticed that BeoPlayer is now (finally) Ipad compatible? No need to zoom, the app is displayed properly, unfortunately still in portrait mode only.

On the other hand, the BeoSetup app is not compatible! When you try to open it, it shuts down..Sad

That just might be Apple magic rather than B&O issuing an update !

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/ios-7-thoroughly-reviewed/3/

There is one minor benefit to using iOS 7 on a non-Retina iPad if you often find yourself using iPhone apps on your tablet. Here’s the deal: in iOS 6, iPhone apps will run using the same 480×320 resolution that they’d use on a non-Retina iPhone like the 3GS. Even if scaled up into 2x mode, the apps would simply scale up their non-Retina assets, meaning that you’d be looking at a 480×320 image scaled up to 1024×768. 

(article has three sample images at this point)

In iOS 7, the 1x non-Retina display mode is entirely gone, and iPhone-only apps run in 2x mode and use their 960×640 Retina assets exclusively. The obvious upshot is that iPhone-only apps will look better on the non-Retina iPads. The less obvious implication is that, of course, Apple is completely done with non-Retina phones. It has no plans to keep producing old ones, and it has no plans to introduce a new one. Developers who don’t want to support older versions of iOS can throw out their non-Retina iPhone assets entirely. Hopefully, in a couple of years we’ll be saying the same thing about non-Retina iPad assets.

BeoNut since '75

rednik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
rednik replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 9:16 PM

Nothing wrong with the setup app here.  Have you closed the app (double tap home, swipe app up) and rebooted iPad (hold home and sleep together until device restarts and you see the apple logo)?

it should work fine and does here on two iPhones, an iPod touch, an iPad 3, an iPad 4 and a mini.  All running 7 and all tested in the last 5 minutes

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:42 PM

Christophe :
Have you noticed that BeoPlayer is now (finally) Ipad compatible?

Tried downloading the BeoPlayer to an iPad Mini (running iOS 7) and the iTunes store does not show it !

BeoNut since '75

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:39 AM

You should find Beoplayer app in the App store in iphone apps.

Stefan

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:17 PM
stefan:

You should find Beoplayer app in the App store in iphone apps.

Stefan

I think that with the iOS 7 rollout there a filter process in effect where an app that is down level is being excluded ... But I could be wrong Smile

I even did a Beoplayer Lite download/"purchase" to an iOS 6 phone and then went to do a down load on the iPad Mini running iOS 7 and it does not appear in the "purchased but not on this device" list !

BeoNut since '75

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 1:51 PM

Strange.

Just two days ago I searched Beoplayer in the App Store of Birgit`s (my wife :)) ipad, that have been updated to iOS7 just before.

It couldn`t be found. Then I clicked to iphone apps, and Beoplayer appeared immediately.

Downloading to ipad also was no problem....

Stefan

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:15 PM

stefan:

Strange.

Just two days ago I searched Beoplayer in the App Store of Birgit`s (my wife :)) ipad, that have been updated to iOS7 just before.

It couldn`t be found. Then I clicked to iphone apps, and Beoplayer appeared immediately.

Downloading to ipad also was no problem....

Stefan

'tis I who is strange ... or the iOS 7 interface - I had seen that "iPad Apps" was highlighted in blue, and I had tapped it several times to get it to switch but it had refused to switch.

Your post encourage me to return and try again armed with the knowledge that it is possible.

And so within on attempt I was in, BeoPlayer downloaded, and launched !

And yes, the interface is soooo much crisper Big Smile

And I then checked the version history - it was last updated in 2012 - so the crisp look is indeed because of the underlying iOS 7 changes as mentioned in the Ars Technica article.

If only my iPad 1 would upgrade to iOS 7 (or later version of 6) Sad

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

How is the Beoworld app behaving under iOS7?

I haven't tested it as I had my iPhone 5 stolen and had to revert to using my beloved 3GS... Can't wait for my 5s!

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:49 PM

PhilLondon:

How is the Beoworld app behaving under iOS7?

I haven't tested it as I had my iPhone 5 stolen and had to revert to using my beloved 3GS... Can't wait for my 5s!

I prefer the Beoworld App on the phone form factor rather than my iPad 1's form factor.

However we do not have iOS7 on the wife's 4S (she is cautious and I wish to live a happy life).

But I did sneak iOS7 onto her iPad Mini and so I have just download BeoWorld for you:

a) it launches

b) it signs in

c) it browses

it seems faster than on the iPad 1 - where the benefit comes from (hardware, software) I am not sure.

One the reasons I prefer the iPhone form factor is that I can quickly dismiss articles I don't want to read - and now on the iPad Mini/iOS 7 I am almost as effective as using it on my 3GS

Oh and by the way ...

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:51 PM
It posts to /two

And edits too

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:56 PM
elephant:

It posts to /two

And edits too My new avatar reads "anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant" - except B&O (of course)

And pops up helpful hints a outing quoting (not seen that before !)

And displays Leslie's long photo blogs beautifully

Just wish it was easier to do smileys Smile

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:00 PM
I wish I could post a picture of this way

But I certainly can you simply to type my text even though I have to edit the words "use Siri" so nothing is ever perfect

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS